Thomson Reuters Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Had 1:1 interviews with the group I was supposed to work with if I got the job. I went through about 4 rounds, 2 rounds with colleagues, 1 round with the hiriing manager, and ending with the Managing Director of the group. After the final round, I had to follow up with the hiring manager after I hadn't heard back in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • All standard interview and behavioral questions
    Ex: What is your greatest strength, how would you contribute to the team, etc
      Answer Question
HR are bullies when you try to negotiate especially if you are not exec mgmt and a female. I did my research on competitive salaries and the HR person i negotiated with lied to me. Better to negotiate with your hiring manager and skip HR

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Rigorous, met with 10 individuals

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were standard, except depending on the interviewee, it was from a different viewpoint   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

You must have some technical understanding. That's probably more critical than having a financial background. Position yourself as someone with User Experience (UX) credentials. That is much needed at the organization. Interview is 2 rounds at the minimum. The company is so large, it's hard to know who you would interview with. Most people are friendly. Be prepared to discuss your experience with PROJECT Management as well. Knowledge of Microsoft Project a big plus for this role.

Interview Questions
    • Diagram a Visio-type work flow for how you might design an ATM.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2008.

5 person interview, from SVP down to most recent hire. My manager gave me a written test.

asked for more money and was given it. Always ask, no harm in asking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

This was an internal interview for a position on a new strategic project. I already had experience with the hiring manager, so that was pretty straight forward. I then had to meet with the VP but that was just a formality because I'd already gotten sign-off from the hiring manager. Both interviews were more casual chats, talking about my experiences with the company and both had knowledge of people I had worked with in the past, so that made the interviewing process a lot easier. I didn't feel like a complete stranger during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experience taking on multiple tasks at once under pressure   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2009.

internal communications within the company; show flexibility at the interview

Interview Questions
    • What was the most rewarding and least rewarding professional experience you had last year and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

Applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter. This also served to provide me with more information about the position, hiring manager and the group. After this initial screen, I met with the hiring manager (30-40 minutes) and a couple development managers (20-30 minutes) on my first visit to the company. Questions focused on my work experience and specific accomplishments mentioned in my resume. A number of questions were designed to gauge fit with the team and the overall attitude/personality. I was given information on competency areas that they were looking for for the position. On my second visit I met with the SVP and head of the group (20-30 minutes). A few industry related technical and domain questions in addition to questions regarding what my expectations were with respect to work profile, team etc.

Overall I was impressed with the professionalism with which the interview process was handled though the start to end process was a little drawn out going slightly over a month.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking for a change?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to describe in detail a particular experience mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was inline with my expectations that I had mentioned to the recruiter in the initial phone screen.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!