Thomson Reuters

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – Rigorous, met with 10 individuals

Interview Question – Most questions were standard, except depending on the interviewee, it was from a different viewpoint   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

Interview Details – You must have some technical understanding. That's probably more critical than having a financial background. Position yourself as someone with User Experience (UX) credentials. That is much needed at the organization. Interview is 2 rounds at the minimum. The company is so large, it's hard to know who you would interview with. Most people are friendly. Be prepared to discuss your experience with PROJECT Management as well. Knowledge of Microsoft Project a big plus for this role.

Interview Question – Diagram a Visio-type work flow for how you might design an ATM.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2008.

Interview Details – 5 person interview, from SVP down to most recent hire. My manager gave me a written test.

Negotiation Details – asked for more money and was given it. Always ask, no harm in asking.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eagan, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

Interview Details – This was an internal interview for a position on a new strategic project. I already had experience with the hiring manager, so that was pretty straight forward. I then had to meet with the VP but that was just a formality because I'd already gotten sign-off from the hiring manager. Both interviews were more casual chats, talking about my experiences with the company and both had knowledge of people I had worked with in the past, so that made the interviewing process a lot easier. I didn't feel like a complete stranger during the interview process.

Interview Question – Describe experience taking on multiple tasks at once under pressure   View Answer

Product Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2009.

Interview Details – internal communications within the company; show flexibility at the interview

Interview Question – What was the most rewarding and least rewarding professional experience you had last year and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter. This also served to provide me with more information about the position, hiring manager and the group. After this initial screen, I met with the hiring manager (30-40 minutes) and a couple development managers (20-30 minutes) on my first visit to the company. Questions focused on my work experience and specific accomplishments mentioned in my resume. A number of questions were designed to gauge fit with the team and the overall attitude/personality. I was given information on competency areas that they were looking for for the position. On my second visit I met with the SVP and head of the group (20-30 minutes). A few industry related technical and domain questions in addition to questions regarding what my expectations were with respect to work profile, team etc.

Overall I was impressed with the professionalism with which the interview process was handled though the start to end process was a little drawn out going slightly over a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as the offer was inline with my expectations that I had mentioned to the recruiter in the initial phone screen.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.