Thomson Reuters

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews.

Interview Question – How do you handle escalated projects that are on the verge of failing and the customers are unhappy?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward, initial phone screen followed by a round of in-person interviews. Getting to the in-person interviews took longer than expected as the manager or director was on vacation, but the HR recruiter was great about keeping in contact to let me know I was still being considered. The on-site interviews took a full day - I met with all the managers on the team and then each of the people on the team as well.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked, basically the standard "tell me about a time you faced this situation" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – 3 stage process. Final interview was 1 hour presentation which required several days preparation.

Interview Question – Essentially hiring manager asking 'how would you do my job differently?' although not quite framed as directly.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by half day of interviews including one with line manager, one case study and one presentation

Interview Question – Case study: Was given an example project that required scoping and a pretend RFP preparation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details – They were very efficient. They contact me through the recruiter and asked me for a phone interview. They called me promptly on the scheduled day. Each interview took approximately 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I moved back to the U.S.

Project Manager
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a director, then second technical interview

Interview Question – What are the benefits of an Agile methodology   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.