Thomson Reuters

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – The best part of the interview was the caliber of people that interviewed me. I met with 5 people total (in person) and each one was very intelligent and knowledgeable in their field. Now on to the process. It started with an initial phone interview where I was on speaker with the manager and a lead QA engineer. That lasted for about an hour, and they asked basic math and finance questions, as well as SQL questions. Then I had a 5 hour in person interview where met with the above mentioned 5 people. The questions ranged from basic mathematics (1367x786) to questions about balance sheets, to excel and SQL stuff. All in all, straight forward.

Interview Question – You have 10 minutes to prepare a presentation about a complex and technical subject, that you will the present to 5 people form the office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired as a contractor, so no real negotiation took place. I accepted what was given, because it was a trial period.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Had a one hour phone interview with a manager and a head QA. Then was brought in for a five hour interview in person. Interview was like a marathon, where there were different groups of people interviewing me. One interviewer, then two, then 5, then one, then three, and so on. In the end they came in to give me the offer.

Interview Question – You have 15 minutes to prepare a presentation about a technical and complex subject. Then you will present it to a room of 5 people.   Answer Question

QA Analyst
Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple.
Person who interview was very sensible, question was asked based on real time experience.
Question was related to whatever was mentioned in the resume.

Interview Question – Asked to write XML format   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very simple.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initial round of interview is a telephonic, hiring manager touched upon all basics, SSL handshake, how the process works in the current organization, Agile methodology, about automation, how much was I comfortable with each of the scripting languages, I can say pretty easy compared to other rounds.
Coming to one to one round, regarding lan traces, whireshark, the tough question(of course for me) asked was of writing the entire code of one of recent automation script I have written, some how I was lazy about it. a question about writing a script getting all the numbers of a file whose numbers start with an STD code and some unix shell scripts

Interview Questions

• writing the entire code of one of recent automation script I have written.   Answer Question
  • writing a script getting all the numbers of a file whose numbers start with an STD code   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in December 2009.

Interview Details – First Round: Telephonice Interview - Call from US - Project Manager - 25 minute duration
Second Round: Face to Face Interview - Interviewed by Tech Lead From other project - 45 minute duration
Third Round: Face to Face Interview - Interviewed by AVP (Associate Vice President) - 25 minute duration
Fourth Round: Face to Face Interview - HR Round - 40 minute duration

Interview Question – not very difficult,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After overall comparision with regard to the compensation/salary, I came to know that, The salary is as per the industry/market standards.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters QA Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.