Thomson Reuters

Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2011.

Two questions. First, the absurdly general: "Tell me about yourself." Then, the absurdly specific: "Have you used VLookup in Excel?" (No, not at that time.) He ended the interview. I taught myself VLookup in under an hour the next month. Their loss!

This was a phone interview for an entry-level health analyst role.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

Sent application and got a call after an hour, and was invited for personal interview and exam the next day. I guess it was very urgent so I got the second call already the day after.

offered graveyard shift

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

2 summarization tests, and a personal interview consisting mainly of general knowledge, current affairs etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Summarization Test, Two rounds of Interviews - HR Interview and Technical Interview

Location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2013.

1. Summarization test.. a case is given and we have to summarize it...finding out the risk factors involved
    2. HR round general hr quest, quest on current affairs, various regulatory bodies in india
    3. Opeartions, they wil ask how you wil search a particualar thing....wht is currently in news, scams..

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Applied online and contacted by hr manager in four weeks, asking me to take online tests which contains three different part: internet search skill, summarisation skill. and translation skill. search and summarization were not so difficult; however, the last one was bloody hard (you have to translate two articles in your mother tongue to english within 30 mins.)

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2012.

it is very clear up 1-1 interview following a simple written test.

very weird corporate culture.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2008.

It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • If the situation is where i have missed on any reports & manager is asking for that, to explain the interviewer about the criticality in missing such reports or how i would overcome such lapses.   Answer Question
    Depends on the factor that matters each candidate.