Thomson Reuters Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job during Christmas holidays so i didn't hear back 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview where i was asked my basic knowledge and skill set. Scheduled a in person interview a week later. Super laid back and chill, the hiring manager literally only asked to clarify some things on my resume. And spent the rest of the interview just describing the company and job. Got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Only asked about legal experience and to explain some things on my resume. No direct questions.   Answer Question
  • If i knew Westlaw   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Cambridge, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Two questions. First, the absurdly general: "Tell me about yourself." Then, the absurdly specific: "Have you used VLookup in Excel?" (No, not at that time.) He ended the interview. I taught myself VLookup in under an hour the next month. Their loss! This was a phone interview for an entry-level health analyst role.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Taguig (Philippines)).

Interview

You will have a grammar exam (they call it Buplas) and a listening test. If you pass the first set of exams, you will proceed with a written exam. Don't worry if you don't pass the first set of exams, they will still give you a chance but a different one. For those who passed the written exam they will proceed with the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the position you're applying for?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First there is a summarization test in which they check you english.Then there is hr and technical round easy questions asked.One can clear the interview very easily.Just read all the finance related and general gk for interview.Good company to work for.Saturday & Sunday off.Great salary

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The written summarization was fairly easy. The HR manager was easy to talk to and she seemed really interested in knowing the candidate, it did help relax a little. As for the final interview, it did not go very well.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Applied online and received a call after 3 days to confirm attendance for exam the next day. I had my initial interview immediately after the exam. The HR told me to wait for an email regarding the details of the next step. Final interview consists of a panel and the managers were very nice and accommodating.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

summarisation test was easy and then after a week i got a call for two rounds of interview. first was hr interview and then the technical interview. they are so much interested in your family background

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The HR was nice and accomodating. If you pass the initial interview, they'll let you know immediately and give some details regarding the final interview. The panel interview was also okay. They were also nice and asked questions such as how do you handle stress, work shift preference, etc.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/weakness, do you prefer working in groups or alone, expected salary, tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question