Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Creve Coeur, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2011.

Interview Details – I group interview with all the team leads. I brought in documentation and a portfolio of work to show them, but that was not required. Then I had a skills test. A week later, 2nd interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• You've done a lot of contract work, why should I hire you? I suspect you do not have what it takes to make it here.   View Answer
  • This job does not pay as much as a contracting gig. Why would you take something that pays lower?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I told them the range I would accept, they matched it.

Eagan, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2007.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted over the phoen by a recreuiter with a bunch of screening questions, who also ended up scheduling follow up interviews for a 1:1 with peers and then a 1:1 with the hiring manager.
The culture here generally indicates that they treat internal candidates with preference over hiring an outsider. The 1:1 interviews with the peers was to assess fit and suitability since this position involves a large amount of cross departmental interfacing. teh 1:1: with the hiring manager was a more technical where they discussed past experiance and specific skills.

Interview Question – Example of experience with an aggressive team memebr and how I dealt with them   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of initial phone interview, face-to-face going over my CV and secondary face-to-face with hiring mangers manager.

Interview Question – Just covered my CV   Answer Question

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!