Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was supposed to be from the Technical Manager but apparently he was busy and some one from the team called. They did not even introduce themselves properly and started asking questions right away. Started asking about why I applied this job/my strengths. Felt like a company who does not value or take time to interview right people. Jumped into technical questions and was rushing to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

My interviewer offered me a job immediately, little did I know how unqualified he was as a Senior Intergration Manager-Shared Platform. The questions were not based on my experience. He was not a good interviewer and spoke poorly of company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Send a resume and waiting them to call. There are 2-5 peoples in interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was with multiple people, managers and developers. Only one visit required.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There will be 6 rounds , 1st telephonic then two face to face technical round then managerial round, then interview with director , last HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Easy to crack if u have common sense and in-depth knowledge of your work.

Negotiation

no scope

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I was hired years ago so my interview experience is no longer relevant. I interviewed back before the Thomson Corporation consolidated from its various components and then merged with the Reuters Corporation. Not only is it a totally different animal now but it is not one I would ever consider interviewing at.

Negotiation

N/A. I negotiated with a totally different company than exists today. My experience is not relevant to today's company.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone for 1/2 hour. Most questions technical, not behavior oriented. Specific c++ features, such as templates and virtual classes. Second interview on site for 3 hours. Most of interview spent at white board coding c++. Some questions were write a function that swapped the characters in a string, and a function that shifted a character in a string by one, I.e. last character now first. Also describe algorithm to search a matrix of numbers sorted on each row, then what is the performance of that algorithm. In all cases interviewer walked through solution and asked for improvements. Last part of interview had design question about adding a feature to a system without modifying existing class due to large amounts of legacy code. Also some behavior questions, like describe most difficult problem and how you solved it. People very nice, casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Matrix search algorithm since that didn't seem relevant to job. It is a well defined problem that could be looked up in algorithm book. Must confess I don't know every documented algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

A phone interview, with a couple of questions about my resume and then an algorithms question. This lasted about 30 minutes and was friendly. Then an in-person interview with three engineers, covering a range of systems design and algorithms questions, with some light whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions, they weren't looking to trip me up, just to get an idea if I was a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Very professional but relax. Most interview questions are not unexpected type and you can find them in most interview books (or internet). You may expect some technical questions in the phone screen interview. Most the first face-to-face interview questions are technical and conducted by the team members you will work with.

Interview Questions

• I was well-prepared so there is no unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm not good at this negotiation phase so I ended up with the total compensation they offered. However, their compensation package is already competitive and better than the offer the other company extends to me at that time.