Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in Jan 2012.
I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and the interview was about 1 hour with couple of questions in Java/J2EE. I was then invited for on-site interview. In on-site, i was asked to design and write few programs in algorithms and data structures.

Overall, the whole interview process was a great experience. The company has some really great engineers and working on challenging problems and I will love to work with them in future if our paths cross again.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate but i did undersell myself. Since i was getting way less salary in my previous company, i quoted atleast 10000 less than what i supposed to get. SO, that means, overall i lost 10000 dollars. I advice everyone to check how much they should get and negotiate close enough.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

My interviewer offered me a job immediately, little did I know how unqualified he was as a Senior Intergration Manager-Shared Platform. The questions were not based on my experience. He was not a good interviewer and spoke poorly of company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Send a resume and waiting them to call. There are 2-5 peoples in interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview was with multiple people, managers and developers. Only one visit required.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There will be 6 rounds , 1st telephonic then two face to face technical round then managerial round, then interview with director , last HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Easy to crack if u have common sense and in-depth knowledge of your work.

no scope

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I was hired years ago so my interview experience is no longer relevant. I interviewed back before the Thomson Corporation consolidated from its various components and then merged with the Reuters Corporation. Not only is it a totally different animal now but it is not one I would ever consider interviewing at.

N/A. I negotiated with a totally different company than exists today. My experience is not relevant to today's company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Initial interview was on the phone for 1/2 hour. Most questions technical, not behavior oriented. Specific c++ features, such as templates and virtual classes. Second interview on site for 3 hours. Most of interview spent at white board coding c++. Some questions were write a function that swapped the characters in a string, and a function that shifted a character in a string by one, I.e. last character now first. Also describe algorithm to search a matrix of numbers sorted on each row, then what is the performance of that algorithm. In all cases interviewer walked through solution and asked for improvements. Last part of interview had design question about adding a feature to a system without modifying existing class due to large amounts of legacy code. Also some behavior questions, like describe most difficult problem and how you solved it. People very nice, casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Matrix search algorithm since that didn't seem relevant to job. It is a well defined problem that could be looked up in algorithm book. Must confess I don't know every documented algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

A phone interview, with a couple of questions about my resume and then an algorithms question. This lasted about 30 minutes and was friendly. Then an in-person interview with three engineers, covering a range of systems design and algorithms questions, with some light whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions, they weren't looking to trip me up, just to get an idea if I was a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2012.

Very professional but relax.
    Most interview questions are not unexpected type and you can find them in most interview books (or internet).
    You may expect some technical questions in the phone screen interview.
    Most the first face-to-face interview questions are technical and conducted by the team members you will work with.

Interview Questions
    • I was well-prepared so there is no unexpected question   Answer Question
    I'm not good at this negotiation phase so I ended up with the total compensation they offered. However, their compensation package is already competitive and better than the offer the other company extends to me at that time.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!