Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in Jan 2012.
I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and the interview was about 1 hour with couple of questions in Java/J2EE. I was then invited for on-site interview. In on-site, i was asked to design and write few programs in algorithms and data structures.

Overall, the whole interview process was a great experience. The company has some really great engineers and working on challenging problems and I will love to work with them in future if our paths cross again.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything to be really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but i did undersell myself. Since i was getting way less salary in my previous company, i quoted atleast 10000 less than what i supposed to get. SO, that means, overall i lost 10000 dollars. I advice everyone to check how much they should get and negotiate close enough.

Very Easy Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interviewer offered me a job immediately, little did I know how unqualified he was as a Senior Intergration Manager-Shared Platform. The questions were not based on my experience. He was not a good interviewer and spoke poorly of company.

Interview Question – Was a an illegal alien.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Send a resume and waiting them to call. There are 2-5 peoples in interview.

Interview Question – The question mostly focus on your attitude.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Interview was with multiple people, managers and developers. Only one visit required.

Interview Question – Technical C++ questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – There will be 6 rounds , 1st telephonic then two face to face technical round then managerial round, then interview with director , last HR round

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Easy to crack if u have common sense and in-depth knowledge of your work.

Negotiation Details – no scope

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – I was hired years ago so my interview experience is no longer relevant. I interviewed back before the Thomson Corporation consolidated from its various components and then merged with the Reuters Corporation. Not only is it a totally different animal now but it is not one I would ever consider interviewing at.

Negotiation Details – N/A. I negotiated with a totally different company than exists today. My experience is not relevant to today's company.

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on the phone for 1/2 hour. Most questions technical, not behavior oriented. Specific c++ features, such as templates and virtual classes. Second interview on site for 3 hours. Most of interview spent at white board coding c++. Some questions were write a function that swapped the characters in a string, and a function that shifted a character in a string by one, I.e. last character now first. Also describe algorithm to search a matrix of numbers sorted on each row, then what is the performance of that algorithm. In all cases interviewer walked through solution and asked for improvements. Last part of interview had design question about adding a feature to a system without modifying existing class due to large amounts of legacy code. Also some behavior questions, like describe most difficult problem and how you solved it. People very nice, casual atmosphere.

Interview Question – Matrix search algorithm since that didn't seem relevant to job. It is a well defined problem that could be looked up in algorithm book. Must confess I don't know every documented algorithm.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – A phone interview, with a couple of questions about my resume and then an algorithms question. This lasted about 30 minutes and was friendly. Then an in-person interview with three engineers, covering a range of systems design and algorithms questions, with some light whiteboard coding.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions, they weren't looking to trip me up, just to get an idea if I was a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional but relax.
Most interview questions are not unexpected type and you can find them in most interview books (or internet).
You may expect some technical questions in the phone screen interview.
Most the first face-to-face interview questions are technical and conducted by the team members you will work with.

Interview Question – I was well-prepared so there is no unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not good at this negotiation phase so I ended up with the total compensation they offered. However, their compensation package is already competitive and better than the offer the other company extends to me at that time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.