Thomson Reuters Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

1 phone interview followed by a campus tour/1-1 interview. Thought it went really well but then didn't hear back for a month after the campus tour. Beyond that, the experience was pretty positive.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Jun 2, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and review of your interview experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Aplied Online. Lot of time to get back to you. Initial phone screen was done month after online application was submitted. They were looking for a candidate with more years of experience.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 5, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied online and was given a phone interview, which was easy. They primarily talked about the company and its internship program for half of the phone interview. The technical part is basically a bunch of definitions and an easy logic question. The on site interview was very relaxed. They asked about my experience and previous projects. There was also a technical question which you weren't expected to completely finish. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Apr 23, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and laid back. I first had a phone interview and then an onsite. Toured the facility, met the team, and had three sets of interviews. The interview lasted about 3-4 hours total. They took around 3-4 weeks to reply and had plenty of time to decide.

Interview Questions

• Find an element in a sorted array in log(n)   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First it was a normal phone screening and then a technical phone interview. The call was to test your background and talk about the technologies that you have worked with in the past. Apart from that everything was very straight forward and the hiring process was very quick. After the interview there was a background check and that took a couple of days while they gathered all the information.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A large number of phones calls to people in different locations. At the end I was brought onsite to their NYC office. Met with a number of people, got to see what they are working on, asked questions and that was it. It was extremely disorganized process from top to bottom. In the end they claimed that I did not have certain technical experience that they were looking for. It was made very clear what skills I did and did not have as I have worked in very specific environments in my career. I found it quite odd that at the end of the interview process their claim to not continue was that I was missing certain skills that were explicitly spelled out from the beginning. A complete waste of time for so many people involved.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely nothing technical, just basic questions like how many years have you been using XYZ.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is very focused on the degree courses selected with emphasis on Databases and Algorithms. I enjoyed the interview process with questions that provoked one to think. The HR folks were very responsive and helped complete all the necessary paperwork. Brush up on your database knowledge before going for the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

joint campus hiring it was. 1st round was an aptitude test which was really tough followed by technical interview, which was moderate and finally hr interview which was easy and HRs were friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Two Interviews Total. One in person with the hiring manager and the team. The second interview was with the VP of the division. The team interview was more technical and the VP interview was more of a personality fit and normal strength/weaknesses type of interview. Process moved slowly because VP had just been promoted and was still in the process of moving.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Thomson Reuters and what is your impression of us. Can you explain to me what Thomson Reuters does?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was exactly what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews. First round was on my college campus. Questions covered basic Computer Science knowledge and then a small code challenge. After several weeks I received an invitation to visit the Eagan, MN campus for a tour and a second interview. The second round of interview were conducted by Senior / Lead Software Engineers from the campus. The questions were more about my technical background and the coursework I had studied in college. Overall not extremely challenging if you payed attention during your coursework.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred / favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took many weeks to receive the initial offer.