Thomson Reuters Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

They will call you and you will have to go to the interview. Then you meet the manager, they sell the job, but you dont need to explain yourself in any way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with hiring team lead and one technical person, questions asked were to determine technical competency. Second interview was on-site and meeting with the entire team. Most questions at second interview were situational in nature (e.g. experience in handling difficult situations). Second interview also included hiring manager. i was notified of the offer about two weeks after the second interview (other candidates were being interviewed)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

a) Have you built a jumpstart server? b) Have you worked on Solaris 10? c) How do you check if the hard disk is going bad? (iostat -en, dmesg) d) What do you do to fix filesystem full problem?

Interview Questions

• What's the policy that you follow in applying security patches   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

non technically... and brief on questions. I have 5 people interview me and out of 5 only 3 personal where had technical questions. each person had 30 min for the interview and had to come back the second day since 2 managers where out of office the first day.

Interview Questions

• how do you check a process on the server   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview, by phone, seemed put together hurriedly. There were no introductions nor description of the job - just straight into a set of technical questions. The interviewers seemed brusque to the point of rudeness and although I was told that I would receive feedback (either yes or no) by the end of the week, none came. When I asked for some, I received no initial response and when I followed this up, was slagged off to the recruitment partner in a manner which misrepresented what had happened. I'm glad I didnt get the role

Interview Questions

• There were some fixed questions about systems admin including a hands on section.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

First Technical interview with Manger, he is techie and another person in phone. All came from ur CV only

Negotiation

I asked alomst 100% as i have very less package. They accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Standard Questions and based on the resume. Need to take care of the points in the resume. And the interview process will be very fast compare to the other organisations.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Written Test followed by couple of Technical Rounds and One Managerial Round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to achieve 50% hike.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

Got the first call from HR. Was asked basic questions. After getting through, a round with the engineer was scheduled. Then another round with local manager was scheduled and then another with regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prove your worth and then ask for a high amount. I asked for an amount which seemed high but wasn't so they agreed readily.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. The technical round had questions that should be asked of a fresher. No proper recruitment team. HR is not someone with patience. Was after my life for the documents even after explaining the delay. Joined becuse had to change and this was the only decent offer in hand. The manager turned out to be good though fortunately. Had no chance of visiting their office to get a feel of the environment. Negativity towards HR increased more after joining :)

Interview Questions

• Questions that should be asked to a fresher were asked to a person with 4 years of exp.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stick to your stand. Anways they are not offering good annual raise so ask more.