Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)

tax.thomsonreuters.com

2.7

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Initial call by a recruiter. Then an interview with HR over the phone. Then an in person interview with two managers that included a tour and a job shadow. I was given info about the job, the people and the perks of employment.

Business Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Applied through my university's recruiting website. Received a hone call with HR followed by an in-office interviewer asked basic technical and behavioral questions. What would you do if a customer couldn't print. What are your steps to troubleshoot. Nothing a college grad wouldn't be able to ace. The office in Ann Arbor is pretty nice, they hire a big group for busy season. Typical support/call center job. Stats rate your performance.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer couldn't print. What are your steps to troubleshoot.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

I had applied via employee referral.The interview process is smooth and well-managed.I had a telephonic screening round, followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and finally HR discussion.

No negotiation needed, salary and benefits offered were at par with industry standards.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

The interview process was quite straightforward. First I met with a recruiter at a engineering career fair, then there was a phone interview, then an on-site interview.
    More words are required for me to submit this.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty straightforward. What is recursion/tail recursion, what is a pointer, etc.   Answer Question
    None

Business Technology Interview

interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in August 2014.

I applied online. Received a phone call and was told asked when I would be available for a phone interview which would last about 30 minutes. Had a phone interview and was told that if successful I would be invited for an in person interview. Went to Ann Arbor MI and met with three people. First person gave me a highlight of Thomson Reuters, Building tour, and asked me if I had questions about the internship. Then the second and third people I met with gave me general behavioral interview questions. One of them was friendly, the other looked mean and never smiled. I had a feel she did not want to do what she was doing.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job and why do you think you are the most qualified.   Answer Question
    I tried negotiating they said No negotiations. They stack with what they offered.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in June 2014.

Interviewed with three different managers so it was a slightly lengthy process. But overall very straight forward, why TR, why Transfer Pricing. How I would be a good fir for the position. Minimal to no behavioral questions. Overall very friendly.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dexter, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dexter, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in May 2014.

Unless recruited by the intern manager from the schools she visits, it's tough to get on her radar. However, if you do, be persistent and make sure she knows you're willing and available. Once you get the interview, understand that, by nature, she is very casual and friendly, but don't let that trick you-be certain to maintain a professional demeanor (i did not). You will review a shift with a former intern for a good hour or so, then interview with the intern manager for about another hour. The interview will cover a range of questions, including behavioral and situation questions as well as a few career-oriented one. Be sure to come with a notepad, and be prepared to ask intelligent, relevant questions when prompted.

interns don't have leverage

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in April 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple, interviewed with two managers. They recruited at my school and after that I received a phone interview then a in person interview. Got a offer soon after that .

Interview Questions
    • Are you customer service orientated ? How would you deal with a client in different situations?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

behavioral

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in August 2013.

The hiring process has gotten more difficult in the last year. Employees are put through several interviews. The questions are all behavioral, so be sure to look those up to be prepared. You will also sit with a sales representative so you can get a good idea of what you'll be doing. This is also part of the interview. Act interested. Ask questions of them too.

no negotiation