Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)
tax.thomsonreuters.com Carrollton, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and after couple of months i received an email requesting the best possible time to speak on the phone. After the initial email i received a phone call from the recruiter explaining what to expect from the job. Second phone call entailed answering some basic questions regarding how i would handle certain scenarios. Final interview was in person with three different managers.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions presented during the interview were those of scenario based questions. Meaning how did you handle a particular situation with a user and specifically what steps did you take.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Interview Details – behavioral

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you....   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process has gotten more difficult in the last year. Employees are put through several interviews. The questions are all behavioral, so be sure to look those up to be prepared. You will also sit with a sales representative so you can get a good idea of what you'll be doing. This is also part of the interview. Act interested. Ask questions of them too.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you could have tried harder.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in April 2009.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter and applied for the position after 4 months

Negotiation Details – No negotiations base salery are set

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Dexter, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in February 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews with managers, phone interview and meeting with the VP. You speak with HR a few times and they are pretty nice- asking you back ground questions and fielding out your personality. They pretty much farm for a type of person that fits their eco-structure. You are given personality tests as well to help them graft you to a manager and their coaching/management style.

Interview Question – Each of the interviews are an hour long, back to back and then a meeting with the VP.. it's mentally exhausting because they run you through scenarios and ask a lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in January 2009.

Interview Details – Lies and Horrible!

Marketing Writer Interview

Marketing Writer
Dexter, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Interview Details – Long process (two to three months beginning to end) but very thorough. I had the chance to interview with both managers and the people who would be my co-workers, which was a great experience. I felt I knew the company well by the time I was offered the position. Of course, given how long it took, I figured I wasn't going to be offered the job. I think a danger of that is that if you have a good candidate, they may find another position by the time the offer comes through.

Applications Security Architect Interview

Applications Security Architect
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, one with the HR person and one with a manager and employee of the company. Then brought in for telepresence interview with the hiring manager and his manager. They made the offer the next day. If I verbally accepted they would have given me a written offer and then done a background check. Did not ask for any references.

Interview Question – What is the difference between TCP and UDP. This was a little unexpected since I was looking at a application security architect position and not a network position. If I had Google in front of me I could have looked it up.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Only offered me 4% of what I am currently making and I would have had to pick up additional expense I am not paying now. They just did not seem that interested in me. I email the hiring manager and never go a reply even after I told the HR person I did email him.

Business/Technology Intern Or Product Support Representative Interview

Business/Technology Intern Or Product Support Representative
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Interview Details – Typically, most hire in as an intern and interview for that position. They then hire full time from the interns who have had a successful internship. The interview for the internship first consists of a basic phone interview. If they like you from that, they have you come into the office for an interview. You get a tour of the office and spend an hour shadowing a full time representative to get a good idea of the day to day duties. Then there is an interview in which they use STAR or targeted selection to interview candidates.

Interview Question – Interview is not difficult. I would recommend being familiar with targeted selection and coming prepared with scenarios to reference.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate for the internship. They call you to extend the offer and email you an offer letter/packet for consideration.

Very Easy Interview

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Interview Details – Unique hiring experience as I was part of an experimental group that was disbanded after 30 days. I responded to an add on careerbuilder.com. I don't think the ad accurately represented the position. Came in to interview in a large foyer with several other candidates. Each candidate met with 2 managers for a 15 minute conversation. Received an offer call 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Honestly, there very little business or experience type questions. Once the interviewer discovered we had something in common, he just wanted to chat.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negatiation phase.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) employees and interview candidates.