Thomson Reuters Trainee Content Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.8

Trainee Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The initial stages of the interview was a group discussion where the group of candidates were given a topic and were asked to discuss about it. This can be easily cleared if you are up to date about the latest news. The next round of interview was a written exam where the grammer and analytical skills were examined. This too is not very hard to clear unless you have poor grammer and or analytical skills. The next round of interview is a 1:1 with the HR and / or the manager of the team you are being interviewed for. This can be different for different teams and groups however by being prepared about the job profile and keeping up to date with the latest news should make this level much easier.

Example: My team was into financial markets and hence being aware of financial assets and good knowledge of the current economical enviornment was helpful in answering most of the question that were put across to me. Ensure that you answer honestly and truthfully. If you dont know something tell them you dont know rather than to lie. (Nobody's perfect)

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that was asked to me was about the Financial market recession in 2008.

Since i had been following the news around the time and had known about a few causes and factors i was able to frame a proper response for the question. I added the knowledge that I had about the financial markets, risks involved in financial markets and also about the economic cycles to provide a good and acceptable response for the question asked.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Trainee Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got call letter through one of the job portal that walkin is on the next day. It was scheduled in RMZ infinity, Bangalore. Reception people were not sure where the interview will happen amd make us to move here and there ....tower E and Tower A .....Atlast after an hour HR people came out and the venue is confirmed. They started the process and briefed about position and were told it is permanent /contract position and salary varies. They took communication round and I was interviewed for Permanent position ....Next 2nd round--written Test ---Its on capital Markets markets ----Its easy one with 15 questions covering the overall stock markets globally.......told they will give a cal once shortlisted......As expected got a cal after 6 days around @ 9PM....and the technical round is scheduled the next day.....its 2 panel interview.....faced questions on stock exchange.....and checked my flexibility and confidence levels......did 100% well.....i can tell just one word abt my performance in the interview "THE BEST"......it went for about 40 mins.....nice one out of all my interviews given......they both told that HR will get back to me in 10 to 15 days....as they take more time
    to process the shortlisted candidates usually......I was very confident that i will get a cal ........waited for 15 days .......no response from HR.......and after 15 days contacted HR and was informed that result will be out by weekend ....so waited till weekend and gave a cal on the weekend....same response.....3 - 4 days....so called twice after that ....now its already 1 month....still they are telling time needed .......I feel its better companies should update the status whether it is positive or negative in a stipulated time.....other than making the people to wait !!!!

Trainee Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I attended the Walk-in process. They divided the candidates on the basis of communication for 'contract' & 'full time'.
    For Contract aptitude test was conducted & for full time direct interview.
    Interview was quite easy, questions were based on finance like-
    difference between public & private sector
    diff bet equity & preference share
    what are different ratios.
    tell me about your project.
    why don't you try in any broking firm.

Trainee Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

1) Employee Referral
    2) Skill & Aptitude Test