Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

- Call from internal recruiter to find out more about the candidate and explain the opportunity
    - 1 hour phone interview with Scrum Master and Head of Technology
    - 1 hour face to face interview with Scrum Master and Head of Technology (which goal wasn't clear as the phone interview covered all the topics from both sides)

FI Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

All far too secretive & a waste of time, energy & effort to slepp all the way to Canary Wharf. So when they have a hire freeze why interview people for roles that do not exist, give false hope & engage candidates in the lengthy interview process TR has for a false job. 3 rd time this has happened. A large company run by idiots.

Interview Questions

• Background, experience that was relevant, roledex of eCommerce people   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted directly by Thomson Reuters in relation to a similar role applied for about a year ago.

1) Contacted by phone and informed about the new job opening, agreeing to set up a phone interview.
    2) Phone interview with line manager, informal, getting to know each other and the role (30 mins)
    3) Face to face interview with department manager, general conversation, CV discussion and some competency based questions (60 mins)
    4) Online literacy/reasoning test. (10 questions, some tricky, several attempts allowed)

Time between a verbal offer over the phone and signing and sending the contract was a bit long (took about 4 weeks), followed by another 2 weeks waiting before the official starting date.

HR team and managers very polite and responsive, seemed genuinely interested in going through the process as smoothly as possible. Interviews were carried out professionally, blending competency based questions with discussing CV and job description, as well as casual conversation.

Seen some people post here that TR do not negotiate the salary and contract conditions they offer. The initial offer received was satisfactory to the point of not being needed to negotiate any further.

The overall interview and selection process was done in a pleasant and a professional manner. Would highly recommend to anyone with the right skills to give TR a try.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work specifically for Thomson Reuters?   Answer Question

London 2015 Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Stage 1: submit your CV and cover letter and choose a list of three departments that you would like to work with

Stage 2: If selected then you will have to do a situational judgement test

Stage 3: If you pass the situational judgement test, then you have a video interview. The following is the list of questions they ask:
    1. Everyday activities that you enjoy
    2. Recently really satisfying
    3. Already busy and are asked to deliver an additional project within a short space of time. How would you feel and what would you do?
    4. How would you respond to unexpected changing circumstances?
    5. How do you keep informed of new ideas and developments and how would you describe your learning style?
    6. What do you see as the advantage of working in a global and complex corporate environment
    7. When you have collaborated to achieve a successful outcome and the advantages of it
    8. Suppose you observed that a particular process was not working optimally. What would you do
    9. How would you develop relationships with a diverse range of people.
    10. What strategic factors do you think will impact Thomson Reuters success over the next 12 months

Stage 4: If you pass the video interview, then 1 hour assessment centre at TR hq in Canary Wharf.
    They will allocate you to one of the three departments that you have chosen back in stage 1.
    20 minutes each session and three sessions in total.

1st session: the interviewer could ask you anything he likes so questions were mainly base on your CV, and tell me about Thomson Reuters

2nd session: the interviewer has to ask you certain questions and give you a mark from 0-5. Here are the questions I could remember. ( In this session, the interviewer was rather impatient and clearly was not interested to hear typical interview answers so the interviewer gave me a lot of 0.)
    11.How would you maximise your internship?
    12. How would you feel if you have to change at last minute
    13. How would you interact with employees from different locations that you have not met?
    14. What are the future threats to Thomson reuters
    15. Tell me about a time you worked in a team

3rd session: is a role play in which you have 10 mins to read 2 pages and prepare for the role play. You are in a situation where your colleagues is ill so you are replacing him to attend a client meeting. In the next 10 mins you have to find out more about the company and the client himself and set the agenda for the next meeting. In this session, the interviewer was rather not interested and kept playing with things in his hand and remain head down through out the course. I am not sure is his attitude part of the role play or he just dislike me but as an interviewee I don't believe he was a good interviewer and show no kind of respect.

Lastly, when everything finishes he said I am going to throw you out now. The interviewer is a very high rank member of the firm so he probably feel like wasting his time interviewing summer intern.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

on the beginning you have to submit your cv along with the cover letter you have to tailor to the job description: basically I have concentrated what they said :
    An interest in Thomson Reuters and the markets we operate in (e.g. financial, pharmaceuticals, tax & accounting, etc); strong communication skills, professional approach to work, excellent organizational and time management skills, good personal & interpersonal skills; ability to network with variety of people based both at home and abroad; aptitude to research & analyse data; detail orientated individual; must be dynamic & innovative; keen interest in feedback & development; competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint) with ability to learn new technology quickly; Previous internship or work experience is a strong advantage.

then they invite you for interview
    it take long time about 3 months for all process
    I initially thought they reject me after sending my CV

Application Process:

Interview Process - Progressively successful candidates will experience a Situational Strengths Test, Strengths Based video interview, and an in person assessment center. Post-Internship Opportunities - Outstanding high performers may be offered opportunities for entry into our of our four graduate schemes (Business, Sales, Finance & Technology), or be referred for potential full time entry level roles. Candidates must be legally and independently able to work in the location they are applying for.

Negotiation

be sure you know what cv days about you

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with in house recruiter about past experience then given a UI task to complete that took around 2 hours.

Recruiter was efficient and helpful before test but then didn't respond after I returned the test, which is a bad sign for a company in my view. Obviously I don't expect to get most jobs I apply for but I think companies that don't respond at all show a lazy attitude.

Interview Questions

• To implement user interface that performed various actions on a group of mock companies with certain logic rules to include as well.

Number of tasks completed and code organisation were being evaluated.

Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Business Development Executive position at Findlaw/Thomson Reuters Business on LinkedIn. I've got an email at the same day to arrange a phone interview.
    A day after I spoke to a Sales Manager. He was very rude, arrogant and insulting! Instead of asking me relevant questions about the role he was just gave me very negative and harsh critique about my current role as a Recruitment consultant!
    At the end he said I am not suitable for the job and hang up the phone.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The first interview process was an online IKM test and the minimum required was greater than 70%.This was followed by personal interview which was reviewing a piece of code and finding the bugs and explaining the test cases that would need to be executed to test it.This was followed by a whiteboard session where had to write a code for a particular scenario

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I only had the single interview with both my line manager and the sales director. It was pretty simple but pertained specifically to my experience in sales and previous job. Given the area of my work I was questioned a fair amount about sport.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 step interview process where we discussed my skill set and role played several different situations. My interviewer brought the woman I was replacing in on the second call and had her help evaluate me as well which I though was pretty smart since she was in a better position to judge the role I was applying for.