Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Five face-to-face interviews; created 30-60-90 day business plan as part of pre-hire process. I found the interviewers to be supportive, I was sent demos and did plenty of research to create my plan.

Interview Questions

• The business plan was intense however, I thought it was a worthwhile exercise considered it gave me talking points/something to present upon in follow-up interviews.   1 Answer

Legal Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very pleasant, the people who work there are extremely friendly. It had a laid back atmosphere. The people who interviewed me were my age, which made it more comfortable. They asked very common interview questions(What was your strength/weakness, what qualities do you possess do you think can be translated to this position.) It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me they would get back to me in a week, but they called me 3 hours later and offered me the job.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

First round is a phone interview, not very hard. Some behavior questions and some knowledge about real estate analysis;
    Second round is two 30mins back to back interview with directors. They are nice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied via a Craigslist posting, they contacted me a while later (I didn't even remember applying at that point), we scheduled an interview over the phone. I showed up in a suit, I spoke with the HR person first for ~5-10 minutes and then the supervisor I would be working under for ~10 minutes. They seemed to be trying to gauge my personality. They asked me about my resume.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; just be able to talk about anything on your resume, because they use that as a starting point for conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.