Thomson Reuters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Interview Details – Five face-to-face interviews; created 30-60-90 day business plan as part of pre-hire process. I found the interviewers to be supportive, I was sent demos and did plenty of research to create my plan.

Interview Question – The business plan was intense however, I thought it was a worthwhile exercise considered it gave me talking points/something to present upon in follow-up interviews.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via a Craigslist posting, they contacted me a while later (I didn't even remember applying at that point), we scheduled an interview over the phone. I showed up in a suit, I spoke with the HR person first for ~5-10 minutes and then the supervisor I would be working under for ~10 minutes. They seemed to be trying to gauge my personality. They asked me about my resume.

Interview Question – No difficult questions; just be able to talk about anything on your resume, because they use that as a starting point for conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Legal Research Associate Interview

Legal Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Very pleasant, the people who work there are extremely friendly. It had a laid back atmosphere. The people who interviewed me were my age, which made it more comfortable. They asked very common interview questions(What was your strength/weakness, what qualities do you possess do you think can be translated to this position.) It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me they would get back to me in a week, but they called me 3 hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Question – What was your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2012.

Interview Details – First round is a phone interview, not very hard. Some behavior questions and some knowledge about real estate analysis;
Second round is two 30mins back to back interview with directors. They are nice.

Interview Question – Not really, questions are not hard   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.