Thornton Tomasetti

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met principal through contacts from school. I was then forwarded to another principal which was more of a match for me geographically and interest wise. Interview was very informal and straight forward, even by internship interview standards. The entire things was very positive and welcoming.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself at this company long term?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti.

Interview Details – Very prolonged process, took about 3-4 months total. Felt kind of haphazard.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a set amount for relocation.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email to set up a meeting time. They didn't pay for or reimburse travel expenses to the interview. Met with several people. In general very pleasant open air atmosphere. The projects are very impressive and state of the art. Everyone was working heads down, could have heard a pin drop. In fact one of the people I met spoke in a "12inch voice" the entire time. I got the impression people don't interact too often. I didn't get the job offer, and I would have hesitated to accept if one was made.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals?   View Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in April 2011.

Interview Details – After applying and being contacted for an interview the process was very quick. I went on a first interview with a group of 3 employees. This was mostly an informational interview and I wad then introduced to a junior engineer who toured me around the office. I was called back for a second interview about one month later. This interview wad more technical an u spoke with 3 employees again. The whole process went very smoothly. The second time I was at the office I filled out an application. I heard back about two weeks later.

Interview Question – Would you describe yourself as theoretical or analytical and why.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in June 2010.

Interview Details – The environment is good.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience related to the position?   View Answer
  • What is your best performance in sales?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Thornton Tomasetti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thornton Tomasetti interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thornton Tomasetti employees and interview candidates.