Thornton Tomasetti Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.0

Structural Interview

I got a telephone interview with the leader. I was asked about normal questions nothing strange. But you might get in some trouble when first to start to work because the projects they are handling with are gorgeous.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thornton Tomasetti.

I applied through their website and got a phone call a few weeks later. I only met with one person for the interview. The interview was very relaxed, there were no technical questions. I was asked about my experience and course work. The office is amazing and the people were very friendly.

My interviewer told me that they usually hire entry level and train/mentor them and people generally stay with the company. Interview lasted half an hour. I asked my interviewer why he had been with the company so long and he said it was because of the people and the projects.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thornton Tomasetti.

Very prolonged process, took about 3-4 months total. Felt kind of haphazard.

I negotiated a set amount for relocation.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in November 2012.

I was contacted by email to set up a meeting time. They didn't pay for or reimburse travel expenses to the interview. Met with several people. In general very pleasant open air atmosphere. The projects are very impressive and state of the art. Everyone was working heads down, could have heard a pin drop. In fact one of the people I met spoke in a "12inch voice" the entire time. I got the impression people don't interact too often. I didn't get the job offer, and I would have hesitated to accept if one was made.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in March 2012.

Met principal through contacts from school. I was then forwarded to another principal which was more of a match for me geographically and interest wise. Interview was very informal and straight forward, even by internship interview standards. The entire things was very positive and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself at this company long term?   View Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in April 2011.

After applying and being contacted for an interview the process was very quick. I went on a first interview with a group of 3 employees. This was mostly an informational interview and I wad then introduced to a junior engineer who toured me around the office. I was called back for a second interview about one month later. This interview wad more technical an u spoke with 3 employees again. The whole process went very smoothly. The second time I was at the office I filled out an application. I heard back about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Would you describe yourself as theoretical or analytical and why.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in June 2010.

The environment is good.

Interview Questions
    • What is your work experience related to the position?   View Answer
    • What is your best performance in sales?   View Answer