Thorson Baker & Associates

Candidate Interview Review

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thorson Baker & Associates in October 2007.

I met the company representatives at a university career fair and submitted my resume. Within a week I was contacted to schedule an interview with the firm's founding principals. The interview was a very typical conversational interview with questions from any university career guidance book on interviewing. However, there was a willingness and strong interest to discuss engineering rationale for designs of building components on the firm's projects. After that discussion, I was given a general tour of the main offices, during which, I was permitted to speak with employees about work conditions and the types of assignments. The employees ranged from enthusiastic to matter-of-fact about work. A few of the employees were fellow alumni I knew, so I was left alone with one to discuss design methods used by the firm. We talked freely for about 15 minutes about the firm’s design documents and methods. Then, I found one of the firm’s principals to have a brief closing discussion, and I left their office.

Interview Questions
    Within 2 weeks of my interview, I was given an offer with my decision wanted by 2 weeks after the offer. The offer was generous, so I felt no need to negotiate.