ThoughtWorks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Met them on campus. Passed the wonderlic test and questionnaire and the coding assignment. This was a long process. But then an HR called me asked some behavior questions and failed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in March 2013.

Applied in my college's career fair. After a week, the HR sent me a questionnaire and 3 programming problems. The problems were not hard and I just needed to solve one of the problems. Then I took the assessment on campus. After two weeks, I got a phone interview which asked about behavior questions. The interview was not like a conversation. It seemed that the recruiter just wanted me to answer her questions. It also seemed like she was not familiar with the company.

Junior Consultant At ThoughtWorks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in May 2013.

After I applied online from their website, the HR called me and she was very nice with me. They sent me an email with a questionnaire and another with 3 programming challenges.
    The questionnaire included different questions that test your creativity and values.
    The programming challenges were related to algorithms. Once I completed a problem, and I sent it back and it took one moth after they contacted me again.
    After this, I had an on-site interview in their offices in Chicago. during two days. During this interview, I took a wonderlic exam, logic exam, one values interview, pair programming interview, technical interview, and a group activity.
    It was very interesting process and although I thought I would not pass the process, they told me they would extend me an offer!

Interview Questions
    • - Describe the three pillars of the company.   View Answer
    • - The logic test was difficult.   Answer Question
    • - They group activity is more important than people thinks.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in March 2013.

Went through assessment day, completed the follow up questionnaire and coding assignment, and made it to the HR interview. Up until this point a month and a half had passed. Everything seemed to go well in the HR interview, but at the very end I mentioned that I had an employment offer, and as such, needed to complete whatever steps were left in the interview process within 2 weeks. The HR person's response was that the next step in the interview process was scheduled to take place in 3 or 4 weeks, and as such, I would not be able to continue the process. I think it is fine if they have a process that lasts multiple stages with long time intervals in between them, however, the problem is that they are not up-front about it.

Interview Questions
    • Why thoughtworks? Ok, are there any other reasons why thoughtworks? Interesting, are there any other reasons why thoughtworks? Good, any other reasons?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

I went for an interview day with ThoughWorks after being recruited from my university. The company seems quite nice and is ideally located. The initial process was a lot of testing of your attributes such as intelligence and problem solving.
    im still ongoing in the application process, but hope to be at the next stage soon.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions was: to name some sort of innovation that I have completed   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in March 2009.

You had to interview and reinterview and take tests on coding, personality, etc. Seems like a bit much.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you vote for as president? (aka are you Republican or Democrat). Not relevent.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in September 2012.

Met them at a career fair. Went to the assessment day. Was sent a questionnaire and a code assignment a few days after that. It seems the questionnaire is actually very important in their eyes because I was told I had failed even before submitting the coding assignment. I completed the questionnaire very thoroughly and I'm thinking I wasn't concise enough, but I could be wrong.

Interview Questions
    • It’s Thursday, we’re staffing you on a telecommunications project in Calgary, Canada on Monday. The flight and hotel are booked, your visa is ready. What are the top 5 things on your to do list for the next 3 days?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in November 2012.

On the company's assesment day, we were introduced to the company culture. Then we had to take the Wonderlic assessment (It’s basically a set of simple questions and you have to try and complete as many as possible in short amount of time) The second assessment was a set of logic tests. If you like programming you will probably like these tests. Finally we had a group presentation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

First the company invited groups of student to visit the offices at chicago and to answer questions and take three tests: analytic, logical and team work. It is not that difficult. Just be yourself and do not hesitate to ask questions because they will look after your personality to know who you truly are.
    Then if you pass these tests they will email you questions and a programming problem to submit. If you match the requirements you will get another interview to explain your code and test your technical skills.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

After an initial phone call to assess my interest, there was a technical phone interview. This was like any other technical interview. Data structure questions, algorithm questions etc.

The in-office interview started with written tests. The logic test was very interesting. I thought the personality test was a little useless (until months later when I saw my results and compared it to my behavior).

The non-technical interview focused on current affairs and my volunteer work. I found out why later (the company has a social calling beyond just being profitable).

The technical interview was awesome! I got to learn during the interview and one of the interviewers had written books! That was a bit intimidating on the surface, but the interactions were very friendly and informal. It felt like things flowed smoothly.