ThoughtWorks Interview Questions in London, England

3.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in August 2014.

I was initially approached by TW based on my LinkedIn profile. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with someone in the same role as I was considering. Finally I was invited to the TW office for a full day of interviews, where I met and spoke to people in the same role, was involved in a discussion on social justice, was asked to prepare a presentation for a panel, sat personality and logic tests and finally had an interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about Edward Snowdon and the right to privacy of your data?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

The process took all-in-all around 5 months from initial contact to final acceptance. I was asked to travel to the London office upon completion of a coding task, where I undertook a series of activities; consisting of a 10min presentation (subject of interest), front-end dev interview, wonderlic test, logic test and a social and economic justice interview. All the people I came into contact with were extremely friendly and supportive, and quite obviously knew their stuff. After passing this stage, I was invited to do yet another coding task - this time back end. Upon review of the application, I was invited to Manchester where I completed a back-end developer interview. Once approved, the final stage was an interview with a manager before an offer was extended.

If looking to apply, be passionate about changing people's lives through the use of technology. If you don't - they will catch you out. It's not the easiest process to go through, but certainly an enjoyable experience. Be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around Social and Economic justice will test your morale's and feelings toward certain issues. Be prepared for that. They are looking for thinkers and people who obviously support the company mission. Don't treat this as an interview per-say. Treat it as if you was having a conversation with a friend.   View Answer
    Was happy with the offer. I had no need to negotiate.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

The process is long and requires candidates to complete a technical test. Upon successful completion and the approval of a developer within the company, you are put through an assessment centre which comprises of IQ testing, presentations and a code review.

Interview Questions
    • The code review can be difficult as a new comer to software engineering, your reasons and logic behind the technical test will be queries and questioned.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in September 2013.

One phone call interview with HR and then given an activity to complete over 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider to be the "greater good"?   View Answer

Graduate Front End/UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in January 2014.

I applied for the position by sending my CV and cover letter via their website. After two weeks approximately, they send me an email to arrange a telephone interview. I waited for the call but nobody called, so I send them back for re-scheduling the interview. When they called me, they asked basic interview questions.

For example, why ThoughtWorks?, why the particular position? etc...

Interview Questions
    • It was very disturbing the fact that they forgot to call.
      During the call, the place, where the interviewer was, was very noisy and I found it difficult to concentrate.
        Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Initial contact with a TW internal recruiter led to an invitation to an industry event they were running. From there, I submitted a CV and was invited to interview. The process included:

- Interview with Head of Delivery, EU. General discussion based on my CV and past experience, why I was applying to Thoughtworks.

- Deliver a 15 minute summary of a previous project to a panel of three, followed by 15 min Q&A about the presentation. Very insightful questions from a friendly panel. I'd recommend using the whiteboard/flipchart to illustrate.

- Interview with Market Principal, UK South. General discussion based on my CV and past experience, why I was applying to Thoughtworks.

- "P3" Interview covering issues of social and economic justice. An interesting freeform discussion with a pair of consultants, presumably to make sure prospective hires don't have a world view that runs totally contrary to that of the firm. Come prepared with some issues to discuss, and prepare to have your views challenged.

- PM exercise - 1 hour prep time to review some project metrics and propose how you would lay out a project office. 1 hour interview with two project managers to discuss your proposals, and cover some practical aspects of running agile delivery projects.

- Logical reasoning test - 1 hour logic test. Demanding and really good fun. Having some idea of basic computer science concepts would be advantageous - e.g. program control loops, pointers and indirection, boolean logic.

- Psychometric test - Some kind of rapidfire Multiple choice test that I believe is very similar to US GMAT tests. Some of the verbal reasoning questions seemed to be culturally skewed towards the US, and I understand that this type of testing is much more common in the US education system, so US candidates would probably enjoy an advantage. For candidates from the rest of the world it might be worthwhile spending an hour or two getting some familiarity with GMAT question archetypes.

- Psychobabble test - A brief personality test administered online prior to interview.

Overall, the interviewers were friendly and interested in a dialogue, rather than the more structured competency-based approach used by some other firms.

The recruiter was outstanding - very responsive and clear communication at every stage. The whole process was impressively quick - 2 weeks from first interview to formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we do the P3 [Social and Economic Justice] Interview?   Answer Question
    The negotiation process felt transparent and fair.

Grad Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

I applied online through their website. A week later I was invited to a phone interview. I didn't really prepare for the interview because I thought It would a basic interview just get to know you. But it turns out not to be the case. It was more about business analyst. Why I want to work for the company, what is business analyst, what challenges business analyst face, what events I attend. I thought I did well but they rejected me on the screen stage.

I was wondering if I can reapply after 4 months. I think thoughtworks is a good fit for me and I would enjoy working there.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Initially a interesting company to work for. Few technically oriented interview steps and later one more IQ test like. Test does not look for IQ and is totally culturally dependent. I thought much about this company prior to this process. They really got my idea of a good company down based on this location problem experienced. Applied UK london, proposed to have interview to Hamburg saying that no open positions in London although still having publicly available openings there...

Interview Questions
    • Choose similar meaning words, which were totally culturally dependent. I knew which culture company comes from and were able to pass.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in June 2009.

5 interviews beginning with a phone interview then progressing on to some IQ, analytical and behavioural testing. Then 3 more interviews including a cultural interview and a technical test, would be coding for a dev or a business problem for an analyst. The graduate process is different though and is normally a whole day of various tests, presentations and interviews.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the salary offered so did not negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in April 2008.

Wow - process was tough and intense... I did all tests and interviews in opne day and was exhausted by the end. Interviewers each gave me honest feedback at the end of each interview and I valued that. Whilst it was intense, it was also fun

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. I put forward a suggestion and negotiated around it. MD was very honest with me and where he saw me fitting in the overall scale.

Worked for ThoughtWorks? Contribute to the Community!