ThoughtWorks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Senior QA Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company and done phone interviews by QA engineers, had a QA assignment to test a demo website. After that I had to do a "personality test" online and come in to their office for personal interviews with sales people and developers. The process took about a month. After the final interview it took about 2 weeks until I've heard back from them. The developers and the QAs that interviewed me seemed nice and relaxed. Technical interview was pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Question – The company has a "social conscious" value.
They chose to ask me about my political views about the U.S government, and ask me to rate how much I'll be willing to work for companies like McDonald's and Coca-Cola and Apple. I personally found this part of the process to be very fake and pretentious.I feel it's very not "social conscious" to grill people in a job interview about their political beliefs and screen people on that. I think TW should be more respectful for people's right to privacy and not forcing them to disclose their political values in order to get a job as an engineer. They told us they are looking to filter "bad" people in this interview. I felt upset as I found this to be very invasive to my privacy and that they were just looking for someone to play out the "left-wing-liberal" stereotype, and if you're not playing that out, then you're a "bad" person I guess. Just to make it clear how ridiculous it was, I spent 2 years of my live working in a non-profit organisation that had major "social conscious" projects in Africa, I volunteered in sustaining wildlife habitat research, I've volunteered helping youth in several different project, but all those things never came up in the interview and no one bothered to ask if I've done any volunteer work. Only my political views of the government and the big corporate. I can only suggest to the company's management to review the definition of "democracy" and "discrimination based on political beliefs in the workplace".
  Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Senior QA Analyst
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ThoughtWorks in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process in TW that time was amazing and they use to decline any candidate if he didn't score enough in Aptitude.
The test was impressive and that is what attracted me to ThoughtWorks.
Interviews were detailed and thorough on discussion, interviewer were not pushy and cooperative and gave enough time to think and solve problem at hand.
GM also took interviews for all candidates and found the good fitment for TW culture.

Interview Question – Write SQL queries and pseudo code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was easy and HR are not hard nosed, explained all offer details and parameters carefully and helped understand the offer very well.

Worked for ThoughtWorks? Contribute to the Community!