ThredUP

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ThredUP in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by email to come in for in-person interview. Came in and got an immediate tour of the place. They immediately then asked "Why are you a good fit" They then proceeded to do the background check right away. I received confirmation a few days offer with an offer of $9.00 hour.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had two quirks about this place. Firstly, I received two different offer emails with two different start dates which led me to believe the girl doing the interviewing doesn't have her stuff in order at all. She even offered the start date on a week day when I made it clear I could only work weekends. I felt like I was on some auto-responder for her. Not once did she CALL. Which comes to another point...Their numerous job ads posted had Sat/Sun as a shift offer. They are now closed on Sundays. I didn't find this out until I made the time to come to the in-person interview...I would of not even came to the interview had I known the ad was wrong. Also, the ad says $8-$15 hourly. I had retail background and warehouse experience but, they only offer $9 hour for everyone regardless with review after 30 days of work which for a weekend person could be 6 months or so. The job is listed as a temporary position of 3 months or so...With a chance to go full-time so it just didn't make much sense to work the 1 day a week for little pay. This could work for others of course...Seemed like an okay atmosphere but, if you're looking for a career you'll have better luck with a more known brand like Gymboree or something. The interview overall was okay and they seem to offer it to anyone with a pulse who doesn't want a real long-term career and can just do the same monotonous thing all day...Just know your job is on the chopping block 3 months or so after acceptance.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
San Leandro, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at ThredUP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was a one-on-one. Don't bother dressing too fancy, as the warehouse environment called for casual wear. It wasn't so much of an interview, but a tour of the facilities and a 'would you like to join us?' kinda thing. Everyone is very nice, workers are very pleasant. Wages were not discussed, so make sure to bring that up. Interview doesn't take too long, it's just a quick overview of everything the company does, and usually an offer of temporary employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any negotiation at all, they never really discussed wages.

Worked for ThredUP? Contribute to the Community!