Thrivent Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in November 2013.

Met formally with a number of people in upper management. Great people who really love what they do.

Interview Questions
  • Asked how you would make yourself known in your natural market.   Answer Question

100% commission is not for everyone.

Other Interview Reviews for Thrivent Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2013.

Took FOREVER. Three interviews spread over four months.

Interview Questions
    • How was Thrivent going to help me get in front of enough qualified leads.   View Answer
    No negotiating just acceptance of a commission schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Professional process. I was contacted by a recruiter, but not hounded... invited for a meeting prior to the interview where I was free to ask questions. Senior management was the final interview, which I found to be helpful. Very professional and prompt group of people, but senior management was exceptional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why this field was appealing than other opportunities out there.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in May 2010.

This was a good quick interview process. I met with two people and the fit was right so they decided to bring me in.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my territory within reason and what my salary would be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in December 2007.

I had a face to face interview, then I came back for the personality/skills test. Then I had a 1 on 1 interview with one of the senior partners(new rep managers). Then it took forever to get my fingerprints, background check, approved for testing, etc...

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't too difficult, they will generally let anybody try this job, which is also its downfall.   View Answer
    I got paid while I studied for the tests then the draw was set.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2012.

Great company leadership and interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Still considering the offer.

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in February 2011.

Asked some of the usual questions like "Why do you want to work here." "Why are you a good fit?" etc. "How would you be involved in the Lutheran Community.?"

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to become more involved with the Lutheran community?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in June 2010.

I had several interviews. First with the recruiter, then with the person that would be my launch manager, and then with the managing partner. They were very clear that the interview process was as much for me as it was for them, and that they wanted to make sure I thought it over thoroughly and knew what I was in for.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you had to make an ethical decision?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2009.

The interview is pretty easy. Thrivent would rather you be good at customer service than make money. They are really looking for people to be independent and driven. They don't do a good job of accurately explaining the large amout of time and large amount of your own cash needed to make it the business. The recruiters have a good portion of their compensation tied to hiring people, so they are pretty easy to hire someone.

Interview Questions
    If you are licensed you can try to negociate a signing bonus, if not there really isn't any negociations available.