Thrivent Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Recruiting Specialist

Interviewed at Thrivent Financial

Interview Details – There was an initial phone screen, then a face to face initial interview w/ a recruiter, a second interview with behaviorally based questions with hiring manager and peer group. Finally a psych screen and background check.

Interview Question – Very standard questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial questionnaire was sent, followed by phone interview and then I was brought in for a half-day face-to-face interview

Interview Question – scenario based questions were the most difficult to answer   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very attractive office building, front desk, and waiting area. The person at the front desk was very nice. She offered a beverage and took my coat. The interviewers were very personable and made me feel comfortable. They were willing to answer all of my questions and spent nearly an hour with me.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2012.

Interview Details – They woo you. You don't have to try too hard. You are really signing up to be your own boss, they rant going to reject you, or really fire you. Its your own risk because you just might fail.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask questions. They just get to know you. I guess you just need to be likable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it is a commission job.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview Details – The recruiter was pleasant, transprarent, and non-salesy. The assessments took quite a while for me, but I can tell they are very focused on community involvement and are concerned with the type of people they want to work with.

Interview Question – How much I give/Tithe   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Financial Consultant posistion may not meet my current salary expectations at first

Manager of Community Engagement Interview

Manager of Community Engagement
Madison, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview by colleague - who I would be working if I got the job. In person interview to follow.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had an extremely difficult and stressful task, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested in the city where position is held - too much travel.

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met formally with a number of people in upper management. Great people who really love what they do.

Interview Question – Asked how you would make yourself known in your natural market.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 100% commission is not for everyone.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview Details – Had one interview and was offered the position. I started part time and eventually went too full time.

Negotiation Details – Good

Very Easy Interview

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in January 2013.

Interview Details – Took FOREVER. Three interviews spread over four months.

Interview Question – How was Thrivent going to help me get in front of enough qualified leads.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating just acceptance of a commission schedule.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thrivent Financial in July 2013.

Interview Details – Many interviews, lots of paperwork to fill out. What I find most interesting is the guy who was to be my manager, and who was for me being hired, hasn't had the courage to call me after his boss told him not to hire me. Really, that's the best you can do? How sad and unprofessional.

Interview Question – If you are going to do these many interviews in the first two weeks with us after boot camp, why didn't you do them with your other company?   View Answer

Worked for Thrivent Financial? Contribute to the Community!