Thrivent Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Regional Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview

Friendly, to the point, honest. Provided information about the job requirements and what it takes to accomplish. I applied online and got the interview scheduled within a week. I first met with one of the hiring managers and later with the Managing Partner. Both were forth coming, allowed me to present my skills. After a background check, I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time where you had to fix an issue.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called by a general company recruiter from Minnesota. It was a pleasant interview. I was then passed on to another company rep. from Chicago. This interview was very challenging. When I asked what the potential start date was, they said they didn't have one as they were looking for exactly the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your two greatest accomplishments, discounting marriage, children.....   Answer Question

Community Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Questions were standard and straight forward. I was very comfortable and felt it was a great process. Typical questions: tell me about yourself, successes, examples of experience. I didn't have to wait long before I was invited into the room. My first interview was a 1-2-1 but then I was asked back for a second interview. They did a great job explaining the company and the upcoming changes. Had great answers for all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How does my current job provide experience for the position I am applying for.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked about my hobbies and working experience. Then to my surprise was asked if I could type with both hands? When I asked why he asked this quest ion he said his mother hunts and pecks on the keyboard!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter at HQ. The recruiter then selected me to move on to an interview with the local franchise I had applied to work at. A month later I was contacted for a second interview with the company and almost 5 months later I have still never heard back from the local franchise about the position, either positively or negatively even though the local owner said they would "be in touch".

Interview Questions

• How would you connect with our market? (The franchise focuses on the older generations and I am a younger individual)   Answer Question

Financial Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview

Received a phone call a day after applying. Only one question was asked "What are your plans for the future in a career sense." Had a pretty general conversation about the position and afterwards I was sent two surveys to complete. After these two surveys are completed she will call me again to tell me if I am "right" for the job or not.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was excellent, high skill level and I can tell very experienced at the position. The phone interview consists of specific questions related to my experiences and meeting their needs of position. The person started the interview by stating very specific info of the dept and the the adjacent teams that would be playing a role for this position

Interview Questions

• Describe your skill set and how you believe it would fit the position available   Answer Question

Negotiation

some negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial.

Interview

Met at mutual location, offered position and pay and said minute details. Great attitude, but poor communication skills. Asked numerous, unethical, inappropriate questions. Sad experience and poor representation of firm. Said benefits were great.

Horrible pay incentive

Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was told I would be recommended for the next step. Then I was told the hiring manager needed to go on a trip, delaying the process a couple weeks. When I followed up with the recruiter after four weeks via email and then again a couple weeks later, I never received any response.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

A four step process. They want to know how well you work with people. If you have the personality to sell plus if you are financially responsible. They meet with you and your family. Expect to have 250 names to call on if you are in sales

Interview Questions

• None It was a peaceful process with a nice group of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple