Thycotic

3.5

Marketing Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Thycotic.

They literally slammed at least 30 questions at me in the span of 45 minutes. It was non-stop. They didn't even offer feedback to my responses, it was just question after question after question. Very young and inexperienced people conducting the interview. More of a popularity contest than whether or not you actually qualified for the position. They didn't even follow up after when they said they would.

Feb 17, 2015CEO

Thanks for your comments on the process. It is important to us that candidates have a positive experience so I am sorry that we fell short. We will review the process and make improvements.

Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thycotic.

I applied for the position, was contacted for an initial phone screen then had a second interview where I had to describe my technical background. After that, I was invited in for a 3rd interview where I met with a panel of awesome folks and then a technical abilities test and met the rest of the team on the floor. It was a very thorough process and an excellent learning experience.

Feb 17, 2015CEO

Glad to hear that the interview was a good learning experience. We try to be as transparent as possible and really allow you to kick the tires of working on the team before you start. Glad to have ... More

Billing & Client Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thycotic in August 2014.

I was contacted via email by a Thycotic team member after submitting my application and answers some situational questions. We set-up an initial phone call to gauge my experience and interest for the company. She gave me a run down of the interview process (Initial call, 2nd Interview with owner, 3rd in-person "panel" interview). The initial interview went well. I was asked a lot of unique interview questions and given the opportunity to ask many questions as well.

I made it to the 2nd Interview! This time I was speaking with the owner and potential department manager. This interview was similar to the initial call. The difference was that the owner asked me more detailed questions around what my career plans. He also explained to me their company needs and difficulties. I was able to get a much better idea of what to expect in the position. This conversation went well too. The owner is a very down-to-earth guy that genuinely wanted to get to know exactly what my future goals were.

I was asked to come in for a in-person interview. Upon arrival, I was greeted and got a tour of the office. I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment! It was open, engaging and clearly fully of productive energy! The interview was what I would consider a panel interview. I met with the people who interviewed me first. Then, met with the people in the department I would be working with. They got an opportunity to ask me questions. The interview ended with me completing a pre-employment exam.

This was by far the most extensive interview process I have ever had. But! It was a pleasant one!

Interview Questions
    • I won't say the interview questions were difficult. Just answer the questions honest and as clearly as you can.   Answer Question
    I was pleased with initial offer.

Feb 17, 2015CEO

Thank you for the detailed account - it is great to hear that this was such a positive experience for you.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thycotic in June 2014.

initial add on craigslist, called in and left voicemail as well as sending in resume and cover letter (FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY AS WRITTEN ON PARTICULAR JOB POST), set up an initial hour long phone interview with friendly staff member who got to know me and my credentials, a week later spoke to the CEO for an hour on another call and walked through essentially the same thing, invited in for 3-4 hour in office interview with CEO and 3 others present, met the team, learned the program and products, and did my own sales pitch from my last job to impress them.

great office, friendly people, open atmosphere, food and drink offered upon walking in, very comfortable, already felt like I worked there, very professional

Interview Questions
    • Sell us on something (45 minutes) BETTER HAVE A GOOD PITCH EXAMPLE
      What makes you think you can adapt to selling long business cycles?
      What makes you think you can learn tech terms and the business effectively with no experience?

View Answer
    salary is plainly given, phenomenal benefits, didn't worry about negotiation

Feb 17, 2015CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy to have you on board and will do everything we can to support your success at Thycotic. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thycotic in April 2013.

First you email in your resume, cover letter, and a code sample found on the company website. Later, a 'Personal Life/Office Culture' phone interview, which is all of the non-technical stuff you would expect in a phone interview. Then a Technical phone interview, asking about code, code experience, accomplishments. If you pass those hurdles, you will be invited to an on-site interview where you will work with our fantastic developers and see if you really sync with the team. After that, an offer will be considered.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is common: Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    I was offered far more than my average expectation.

Jan 9, 2015CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please let us know if there are areas where Thycotic could improve the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thycotic in June 2009.

Had an initial phone interview, then an in-person pair-programming session.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult "question" was performing during the in-person programming session. I was inexperienced with the technology, and it is a credit to them that they could see some potential and hire me regardless.   Answer Question

May 1, 2014CEO

Thanks for providing this information. Our interview process is meant to be difficult because our work environment is challenging. The goal is to make sure the candidate knows what their day to day ... More