ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in March 2010.

Interview Details – They seemed disorganized. They mostly asked questions on my elevator experience. Very few questions about my computer skills. Asked about my adjusting experience and experience working on their products. Asked about drives and types of elevators i have worked on. They showed me their office and production facilites. Looked ok. Met the people who were going to interview me on the shop floor and ended up having interview on the shop floor.

Interview Question – Software manager asked me what degree did i have   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a base salary and explained benefits.

Chief Financial Officer Latin America Interview

Chief Financial Officer Latin America
Frisco, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in June 2012.

Interview Details – Dynamic interview process in three phases: resume analysis, conversation with CEO-Latin America and Corporate CFO.
Transparent and straight conversation, Q&A session about the company and Latin America.
Fast response and quick feedback

Interview Question – Willing to travel over 75%   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base on skill set, experience in Latin America region and attractive package

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Interview Details – I was contacted via a recruiter but was interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager named Steve. He had little to no interest in my potential to be a great salesman. He want was more interested in talking about himself than talking about the position. The first thing I found out was that I could be placed in 3 diffrent territories which were all in different states and that they wouldn't know which one until I finished my training. How can somebody plan for a future with a company when they don't know what state they will live in? Very unpredictable experience. Not a company I'm interested in building a lifelong career with.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in scenerio when a manager was wrong? If so, what did you do?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Interview Details – Interview with human resource and hiring manager

Interview Question – Behavior question and some basic technical question   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume utilizing the corporate website. Shortly after I received a phone call from a HR rep for a phone screening. After that I had to complete a PI survey. Which was followed by 2 interviews.

Interview Question – The impromptu "Sell me this pen?" question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was quick.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Interview Details – Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative/Account Manager Interview

Service Sales Representative/Account Manager
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in August 2011.

Interview Details – Two step interview process. Was not rushed and was highly impressed by the executives.

Interview Question – Give an hostile environment with a property manager, which techninc would you use? A, B, C, D?   Answer Question

Mteal Fabricator Interview

Mteal Fabricator
Middleton, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in July 2008.

Interview Details – When I was employed 12 years ago, we were hired subject to a scale test(tape measure) and a blueprint test. Luckily I was able to pass them both. What recommend is to study a tape measure and know how to read it "fluently". Also familiarize yourself with blueprints and be able to interpret and perceive the drawings. There is also a dexterity test where one must assmble nuts and bolts within a specified time period. Then there is a verbal interview. Nothing out of the ordinary questions an employer would ask.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. The positions have fixed salaries based on a contract with the Union.

District AR Administrator Interview

District AR Administrator
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in September 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume online, I was contacted by a member of HR for an initial phone interview. After the inteview, I was told that once the other phone interviews were completed, the results would be forwarded to the hiring manager to select canidates for a second in-person interview. A few days later, I was contacted to set-up the second interview. The second interview went well, and I was contact to schedule a third/final interview (again in person) with the hiring manager's manager.

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Product Applications Engineer
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator in July 2009.

Interview Details – Three sets of 1 on 1 interviews, one with HR one with hiring manager and one with hiring managers boss. It seemed like they didn't have a set process to interview people like larger companies. It was more layed back and less formal. Some technical questions were asked, but not many.

Interview Question – What size hole is needed for a 5/8" bolt?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Worked for ThyssenKrupp Elevator? Contribute to the Community!