ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.8

Marketing Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Frisco, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call from an African American Recruiter to interview for this job. I left her a message to confirm the interview but she never called me back. Then she did call at 10:00 am. the following Monday as she said she would. But then she asked if she do a phone interview at 2:30 p.m. the same day. I never heard back from her until 3 p.m. and I assumed she wasn't going to call me. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• After the interview, she proceeded to tell me that my answers were basically not to her liking. She told me she didn't think I shared enough examples. She had 160 resumes for this one position and she was looking for the best of the best... But why hasn't she found anyone yet? Why is this position open?
      This was a very uncomfortable and awkward interview. She was talking down to me about my interviewing skills. I've been in the Administrative field for over 15 years. She had no right to tell me how I am supposed to interview for a job or give me suggestions! I've never had a recruiter do this to me!

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter but was interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager named Steve. He had little to no interest in my potential to be a great salesman. He want was more interested in talking about himself than talking about the position. The first thing I found out was that I could be placed in 3 diffrent territories which were all in different states and that they wouldn't know which one until I finished my training. How can somebody plan for a future with a company when they don't know what state they will live in? Very unpredictable experience. Not a company I'm interested in building a lifelong career with.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in scenerio when a manager was wrong? If so, what did you do?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Interview

Interview with human resource and hiring manager

Engineer Interview

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Tampa, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume utilizing the corporate website. Shortly after I received a phone call from a HR rep for a phone screening. After that I had to complete a PI survey. Which was followed by 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• The impromptu "Sell me this pen?" question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quick.

District AR Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Marietta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, I was contacted by a member of HR for an initial phone interview. After the inteview, I was told that once the other phone interviews were completed, the results would be forwarded to the hiring manager to select canidates for a second in-person interview. A few days later, I was contacted to set-up the second interview. The second interview went well, and I was contact to schedule a third/final interview (again in person) with the hiring manager's manager.

Chief Financial Officer Latin America Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Frisco, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Dynamic interview process in three phases: resume analysis, conversation with CEO-Latin America and Corporate CFO.
    Transparent and straight conversation, Q&A session about the company and Latin America.
    Fast response and quick feedback

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base on skill set, experience in Latin America region and attractive package

Service Sales Representative/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Two step interview process. Was not rushed and was highly impressed by the executives.

Interview Questions

• Give an hostile environment with a property manager, which techninc would you use? A, B, C, D?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Frisco, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Laid back office, standard type questions

Electrical Engineer Product Development Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp Elevator (Ripley, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

Very unprofessional, HR late to greet in lobby, no agenda, very us versus you. No response to follow-up thank you emails or phone message 2 weeks later requesting an update. I met with the hiring authority for one position and his senior, but another position was discussed in detail and that hiring authority was not present. Wasn't so much an interview as a conversation. Just very unprofessional. If they do approach me with an offer I would not consider it. The people I spoke to outside of the interview who work there mostly hate it. When the economy turns they are going to lose a lot of good people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this engineering job when you have been a manager?   1 Answer
    • We expect loyalty, will you be loyal?   1 Answer