ThyssenKrupp

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

Very professional staff, very nice office setting with open floor plan. the open plan created great communication between office employees. office is central to city, very nice staffing.

Interview Questions
    • favorite movie. i did not expect that at all, honestly never though i would be asked that in a interview.   Answer Question

Other position

Entry Level Interview

Behavioral, situation questions

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp.

Was brought in by a consulting company. I was converted to full-time at 6 months. I went to one in-person interview and recieved a call within thirty minutes offering me the job. They waste no time if they want you.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to interview for this company?   View Answer
    Wanted more than I was offered. I asked for more and got more.

Forge Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in September 2008.

I went through a military only staffing agency. I was interviewed by the plant manager and engineer manager in a phone interview and then an in-person interview. After that I had to take several tests to prove my knowledge and my skills. This was followed by a drug screening. They now do very in-depth physicals.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a blueprint and was asked to decipher some measurements. I was also asked how I'd go about troubleshooting a specific problem.   Answer Question
    It was a union position and so there was no negotiation. I was able to negotiate a hotel room for 2 weeks while I apartment hunted.

Elevator Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in August 2008.

Manager called,we talked. He asked me to come in the next day for a apptitude test. After i took test,he gave me documents for the drug test,and sent me to lab.

Terminplaner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ThyssenKrupp.

FIrst Interview - direct with HOD. started of with introdiutcion of company and the head of department. FOllowed by Noramal questions like your experience, skills, whats your goal, which projects you worked on, what did you learn in studies about subject matter. S
    Second INterview - is going to take place. It will be head of division and HR alonwith an english test.

Interview Questions
    • How many more months are you planning to apply in Germany, if you did not get this job?   Answer Question

Mechanical Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dortmund (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dortmund (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in December 2013.

Nach der Wahl meines Lebenslaufes wurde mir eine Einladung zum persönlichen Gespräch mit Frau Justina Barbara, Personalabteilung, angeboten. Aber wegen meines vollen Terminkalenders bat ich darum, einen Termin an irgendeinem anderen Tag zu vereinbaren, und man gewährte meine Bitte.

After selection of my resume,I got offer to face a personal interview from Mrs. Justina Barbara, HR. But due to my busy schedule i, requested to fix an appointment for any other day and accepted my request.

Interview Questions
    • Warum haben Sie Ihren bisherigen Job verlassen, um ein Master-Studium zu machen? Ich versuchte, sie zu überzeugen, aber ich denke, sie haben ja meinen Standpunkt verstanden.   why did you left your previous job and doing masters. I tried to convince but, i think they did understood my point.   Answer Question

Hochofentechniker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in April 2013.

Recht geradlinig, sie melden sich ein paar Tage nach Erhalt des Lebenslaufs. Sie klären ein paar Dinge am Telefon, keine technischen Fragen. Das zweite Gespräch ist wahrscheinlich in Düsseldorf, vielleicht haben sie auch woanders eine Niederlassung. Es sitzt Ihnen ein kleines Gremium gegenüber, hauptsächlich Abteilungsleiter, die nach dem LD-Verfahren und der Geschichte von Thyssen fragen.

Pretty straightforward, they contact you a couple of days after you send in your CV. They clarify a few things on the phone, no technical questions. The second Interview is probably in Dusseldorf, maybe they have offices elsewhere too. You have a small board sitting in front of you, mostly supervisors asking you about the LD process and Thyssen`s history.

Interview Questions
    • Ich war überrascht, wie technisch die Fragen waren. Normalerweise kümmert sich das automatisierte Computersystem um den Großteil der Fragen, so wie die Verhüttungstemperatur, TRT Druckanzeige, Instandhaltung von CDQ Batterien.   I was surprised how technical the questions were. Normally the majority of what they ask is taken care of by the automated computer system, such as smelting temperatures, TRT pressure indicators, CDQ battery maintenance.   Answer Question

Ich wurde in Salzgitter mit einem angemesseneren Gehalt angenommen.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschen (Liechtenstein)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschen (Liechtenstein)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in November 2012.

I applied online and had an invitation for an interview a week later. The hiring process includes a first interview where you get assess for the first time. If that is positive you'll get a second invitation where you'll get a job offer and the terms of the contract as well as the salary, benefits will be discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you have to leave your former employer

Do you have any weaknesses that could negatively affect this job opportunity?

Answer Question

First Line Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cradley Heath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cradley Heath, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ThyssenKrupp in October 2012.

Fairly straight forward two round interview process consisting of technical test and interview with two senior company employees