ThyssenKrupp Materials Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Richburg, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with local sales manager in Alabama and then numerous interviews in their Richburg, SC facility. Ran through a gauntlet in the SC facility- VP Sales, Plant Mgr, General Mgr of Richburg, and then Purchasing Mgr. Overall, it was felt pretty laid back, but I knew each person I interviewed with had to give their approval. Took several weeks after the interview to get the written offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous positions?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Southfield, MI).

Interview

2 Rounds of interview, all were technical and based on experience. No formal HR Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. Very less paid vacation.

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Southfield, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

3 interviews over a 3 week period. First met with lower level manager as a weed out interview. After first interview i met with the manager from out of town. 3rd interview was with VP, was offered job next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any conflict resolution skills   1 Answer

Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Bridgeport, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

Very boring. The manager really did not know what questions to ask, since he really did not know anything about transportation. I had to really guide the interview and showcase my own skill. I should have known from the interview, not to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• He spoke more about himself than anything.   1 Answer

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calvert, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Calvert, AL) in September 2011.

Interview

Received call from company recruiter. Phone interview set-up and completed 1 week later. In person interview setup around my schedule which took 2 weeks to complete. In person interview lasted about 45 minutes. Lunch was setup as well as tour of the facility. During this time, I took notice of great employee moral, and knowledge base of the employees. Before the end of the week the company called to negotiate Salary and offer letter was given. I was able to think about the decision over a weekend. Start date was based upon my terms. Offer was accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would someone describe your overall job performance?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calvert, AL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Materials (Calvert, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and had a phone interview, 3 days later was emailed an invitation to set up a onsite interview. Interview only lasted about 1 hour with 5 people asking questions.It was too short, I did not have time to sell myself well. After the interview it took over 60 days to receive a response as to weather I received the position I applied for.