ThyssenKrupp Steel USA

Interviews for Top Jobs at ThyssenKrupp Steel USA

Director, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calvert, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calvert, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Steel USA.

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a relatively brief call with the recruiter, I completed a call with the outgoing IT Director. I subsequently had an onsite interviews with the CFO, HR Manager and the outgoing IT Director. The interview was relaxed and conversational. All indications were that the interview went well. I was told I would hear back in a "couple of weeks". Two months later and I have received no further communication.

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Steel USA.

Interviewed at a Lucas Group Hiring Conference. Overall, questions were pretty standard. Only real issue I had was, when it came time to ask them questions about the job, I asked why they were hiring. They had a major layoff 6 months earlier due to low profits. Once their market picked up a bit, they went to hire everyone back, and some already had new jobs. We were the extras. Also, they stated they were in the process of selling the plant.

See Interview.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Steel USA in January 2009.

First interview was very casual with an HR rep and just some general questions and answers. Second interview was with an HR rep and a couple of pretty "green" engineers that really couldn't go into much detail on the questions and just asked easy technical questions about my background. Third interview was with an engineer that was a head of a department and was asking more difficult technical questions and how to approach certain issues.
    The time that had passed from the first interview to the third interview took almost 3 months, in this time I had already found another job and was forced to take this due to being unemployed. They were planning to give me an offer but when I told them my salary requirements as in what I was paid in my new job they couldn't match it. They just had some puzzled look on their face like they were only planning to pay a fraction of market value. Also when I asked about work schedule they all made some weird remark like "from can to can't". As I left the last interview I knew this was not the right job for me.

Interview Questions
    • They have weird German terms for 1st, 2nd, 3rd level systems... still not sure what they meant by this.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 months - interviewed at ThyssenKrupp Steel USA.

Hiring process here is very long and drawn out. I was from out of town and they flew me in 3 times. I interviewed over the phone quite a few times also. It did not seem like they were very organized about the interviews. They have knowledgable people asking specific questions. Hard techinical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Hard techincal interview. But all the rest of the questions were the same as other places. What would you do if you had a employee that was not following the safety proceedures?   Answer Question

I had another job by the time they wanted to give me an offer. The time frame between when the last interview was and the offer was about 3 months.

Worked for ThyssenKrupp Steel USA? Contribute to the Community!