TiVo

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alviso, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TiVo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was called by recruiter for 1-1, then hiring manager 1-1. Did not get an email or call back.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a project you completed and implemented   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TiVo in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager asked three technical questions and described what the project is about. The hiring indicated at the end that there are more phone interview to be done. And he does not know what he will proceed or not. The three technical questions are: 1. what are the differences in new, delete, maloc, remove. 2. describe differences between linked list and array. 3. two threads that did increment and decrement, why the result is off.

Interview Question – What is the big-o in performance measurement?   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

Interview Details – It started when I received an email from them "confirming" my interview for the following day. This was my very first contact with them after applying for the position a month prior. There was no discussion of "Is this day good for you?" or "Hi, we think you may be a good fit." Given that, I had a first round interview with the hiring manager and that person's manager. The latter was 15 minutes late, trying to cram lunch around my brief discussion. It took one hour max.

A week later, I got another last minute scheduling of interviews for a half day of meeting half a dozen people. Overall, an uneventful day, though I never saw the hiring manager again. Apparently, they changed the job from Contract to Full Time without any notification.

Two weeks later, I get another "confirming my interview" emails with even more people. At this point, I'm not even sure if it is for the same position or not. Of the five people I was to meet this day, two were no-shows. I heard at least one tell the secretary "I had declined that interview meeting request."

Promises of "We'll get back to you next week" turned into "We'll get back to you at the beginning of the new year" turned into "We'll get back to you by the end of January". Finally, after multiple inquiries, they tell me that they decided not to fill the position.

Three weeks later, I get a call from the manager's manager asking me if I'm still interested and wants to set up another appointment. I never hear back again...

Overall, a thoroughly disorganized process and one that completely turned me off the company.

Interview Questions

Engineering Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

Interview Details – The on-site interview was scheduled after 3 separate last-minute rescheduling, and was consisted of interviews with the hiring manager and a senior manager (who manages the hiring manager). The interview questions were generic past experience questions from the hiring manager, and the future career outlook and aspiration questions from the senior manager. None of the questions were difficult, but the hiring manager was evidently annoyed/impatient with the interview, which was disconcerting considering the original interview was already thrice last-minute delayed by this manager. I did not walk away with a positive impression with the manager or the company largely as a result of this, and did not continue to pursue this position.

Interview Questions

Worked for TiVo? Contribute to the Community!