TiVo Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TiVo in March 2012.

Was called by recruiter for 1-1, then hiring manager 1-1. Did not get an email or call back.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a project you completed and implemented   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TiVo

Engineering Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TiVo in May 2010.

The hiring manager asked three technical questions and described what the project is about. The hiring indicated at the end that there are more phone interview to be done. And he does not know what he will proceed or not. The three technical questions are: 1. what are the differences in new, delete, maloc, remove. 2. describe differences between linked list and array. 3. two threads that did increment and decrement, why the result is off.

Engineering Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

The on-site interview was scheduled after 3 separate last-minute rescheduling, and was consisted of interviews with the hiring manager and a senior manager (who manages the hiring manager). The interview questions were generic past experience questions from the hiring manager, and the future career outlook and aspiration questions from the senior manager. None of the questions were difficult, but the hiring manager was evidently annoyed/impatient with the interview, which was disconcerting considering the original interview was already thrice last-minute delayed by this manager. I did not walk away with a positive impression with the manager or the company largely as a result of this, and did not continue to pursue this position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance when you have to resolve a disagreement with a teammate.   Answer Question
    • Describe an accomplishment you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

It started when I received an email from them "confirming" my interview for the following day. This was my very first contact with them after applying for the position a month prior. There was no discussion of "Is this day good for you?" or "Hi, we think you may be a good fit." Given that, I had a first round interview with the hiring manager and that person's manager. The latter was 15 minutes late, trying to cram lunch around my brief discussion. It took one hour max.

A week later, I got another last minute scheduling of interviews for a half day of meeting half a dozen people. Overall, an uneventful day, though I never saw the hiring manager again. Apparently, they changed the job from Contract to Full Time without any notification.

Two weeks later, I get another "confirming my interview" emails with even more people. At this point, I'm not even sure if it is for the same position or not. Of the five people I was to meet this day, two were no-shows. I heard at least one tell the secretary "I had declined that interview meeting request."

Promises of "We'll get back to you next week" turned into "We'll get back to you at the beginning of the new year" turned into "We'll get back to you by the end of January". Finally, after multiple inquiries, they tell me that they decided not to fill the position.

Three weeks later, I get a call from the manager's manager asking me if I'm still interested and wants to set up another appointment. I never hear back again...

Overall, a thoroughly disorganized process and one that completely turned me off the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your past program manager experience?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with difficult people? How did you handle it?   Answer Question