TiVo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Process Improvement Interview

Process Improvement

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TiVo.

Interview Details – HR set up their interview, but never called. The hiring mgr called twice, but seemed confused about the position that was posted. It was advertised as establishing process, then said it was a PM role then called the next day to say it was not a PM role.

Interview Question – Are you a PMP   View Answer

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TiVo in May 2013.

Interview Details – One phone screen - cancelled twice; Phone interview w hiring manager was exhausting. Can tell they are having issues filling position(s). HR was polite but also mentioned having issues finding right person(s). The whole process took 4 weeks. No response or followup to interview as told would happen. This to me is becoming normal practice.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience and I will tell you about the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at TiVo.

Interview Details – I sent my resume and received the phone call for the first interview with in 20 mins. I was not ready for it at all. I was asked a few questions about java. I received a call an hour later scheduling the second interview for the next day. That interview was more personal questions about me and my experience with java.

Interview Question – How would you access a database in java?
What is an application server?
Which is more important, software or hardware?
  Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TiVo in December 2009.

Interview Details – Was told about an opening from a contact on LinkedIn - a VP at the company. Met the hiring manager for an informational interview within a week. Came back for a half-day of interviews with 7 people a week later. Had one final phone interview with a peer who was not available previously. Most of the interview questions were of the "standard" type. No behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your management style. This is a question without context. As it happens I had a similar management style as the person who asked me the question, and at the end was told he would recommend me for the position with reservations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was a good fit for the position, so I was able to negotiate for a relocation package.

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Alviso, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TiVo.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of 1 phone screen with recuriter. Then, hiring manager phone screen. then in-person interview with recruiter first, then entire team (panel interview), then with skip-level (Director), then 2 separate cross-functional managers, then with hiring manager, last.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for extra pay and additional stock options.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Alviso, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TiVo in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and flyback. These guys are REALLY disorganized.

Interview Question – Case study   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Alviso, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TiVo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of one phone interview and 2 on-site interview. I had first on-site interview with managers. At second interview, they focused on technical skill such class design, coding skill

Interview Question – Define class interface including c++ operator overloading and generate random in place.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Alviso, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TiVo in August 2011.

Interview Details – First is a phone screening then if that goes well, you schedule an interview. It's good they supply you with directions with TiVo being kind of hidden. The next part of the process is either a 1 on 1 or group interview. The interviews can last all day. Following the interviews, you told that they will give you a call if you got the job.

Interview Question – Describe SDLC   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TiVo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Asked questions about java such as: How garbage collection works, OOP questions, and diferences between Java and other languages such as C/C++

Interview Questions

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Engineering Program Manager
Alviso, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TiVo in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was called by recruiter for 1-1, then hiring manager 1-1. Did not get an email or call back.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a project you completed and implemented   Answer Question