TiVo Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alviso, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TiVo in January 2011.

Process went from online application to contact with in-house recruiter, to brief phone screen, to on-site interview with several people in the group that I would be working with. I also talked to the prospective boss and his boss. Some of the skills questions I was fully prepared for, but the one listed below was a bit tricky -- but had relevance.

Interview Questions
  • How would you ensure proper receipt of communications between earth and moon?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TiVo

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TiVo in April 2012.

Asked questions about java such as: How garbage collection works, OOP questions, and diferences between Java and other languages such as C/C++

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TiVo in March 2011.

I had a one on one interview with a Tivo software engineer who tested me on some simple algorithm questions. For instance, the employee asked me of a good way to determine how many times a character exists in a file. I used a two for statements and a hashtable. In many interviews like this, hashtables are the way to go. This interview went well and I got a second interview.

The second interview didnt go very well. It was very technical and they tested me on Java application development. I don't have a lot of experience in Java APPLICATION dev. Its probably a good thing that it didn't go any further because I don't have the required skills. But it was good to practice interviewing and all of the staff were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find how many times a character was present in a file?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alviso, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TiVo in September 2009.

First email from internal recruiter then phone screen. Phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with another engineer, 12 back-to-back in person interviews.

I didn't negotiate

Worked for TiVo? Contribute to the Community!