Tibra Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

3.7

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tibra (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Online "quantitative" and "logic" test. They are easy and pointless, around 30min each. The quantitative test involves reading tables and charts. It's more of a see if you can read and punch numbers into a calculator fast enough test. The logic test was a bit more interesting, but still pointless. Then the give you a week to do a small programming assignment. Again pointless. Then pointless a 15 min phone interview. The guy I interviewed with said I'll get an auto pass for "superday" and asked me brief questions about my resume. No desire to get to know me and he sounded depressed. Superday is a scam. They will not provide for your traveling expenses. Tibra is basically a failed company, who try to pick up employees that other trading companies pass-over, and exploit them. That's why every preceding "rounds" with tests are all pointless. They try to get as many people to go to their superday as possible on their own dime, only to pick 1 at the end. Even during the various stages of superday, you'll be kicked out if you fail that stage. Thankfully, there was a snow storm this year and I told them my flight was canceled. They gave me a 30 min phone interview as a way to make-up for the superday. I guess they feel bad that I missed the flight I supposedly paid for. Just kidding, they didn't feel bad at all. The guy asked a bunch of retarded questions and couldn't wait to get off the phone after 25 min. I have saved all the answers to their online tests and programming test. Hit me up if you want the answers (3ntericfever at gmail). I have warned you. It's just big waste of time. Only reason you would apply is if you're in Chicago already and really desperate.

Interview Questions

• Programming test: Look at this tree diagram and design a data-structure that would allow you to perform certain tasks.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tibra in July 2015.

Interview

First stage was a online c++ assessment which is alright if you have some experience with c++. Then there was on-site an one-hour logical test and a half-hour arithmetic test. The first one consist mainly of matchstick puzzles and zebra puzzles. Most of the questions here are solvable as long as you are familiar with these types of puzzles. The arithmetic is extremely difficult due to the time pressure. Sufficient training before hand is essential to pass. The questions themselves are always written in PnL type you buy 200 shares for $1 and sell them later for $1.5. What is your profit? (Simplified version).

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a struct and a class (from the c++ test)   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tibra (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

first round is to do an online exam which is pretty easy. Then you need to do two exams at tybra the exams are very hard logical and maths exams. For the logical doing match stick questions will give you an advantage something I knew before going but wish I had spent more time learning them. Maths you just need to be able to multiply/ divide and work out % at really fast rates.

Trainee Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tibra.

Interview

Tests, one to one interview with a trader and then finally HR interview and interview with 3 traders. Reasonable interview process overall, lots of brainteasers and maths puzzles. Somewhat let down by an extremely arrogant attitude of their traders on the final interview.

Quant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tibra (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Found the opening on line. The On-line application is followed by on-site 30minutes numerical test and 60 minutes logical test. If passed, additional programming tests are required, then technical interviews and finally HR. Very informal and secretive environment.

Interview Questions

• The entire test is extremely difficult and quite unreasonable. 40 speed maths questions in 30minutes without calculator. Requires extensive training before a serious attempt although no particular advanced quantitative ability. Logical test is extremely difficult as well with lots of brainteasers, matchsticks, ordering, etc... pass mark is not disclosed. Extremely long and complex hiring process, not very transparent. It made me wonder if I really want to work for such a firm.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tibra in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I emailed my CV and about a week later got an invitation to meet them at their London offices for an evaluation. They do not offer to pay travel expenses, so be prepared to pay for your ticket if you live outside the London area. The interview consisted in a series of questions solving simple math problems and logic puzzles. The challenge is that they are many and you have limited time. I would advise to check brain teasers and other tests for at least a week before the interview to get your mind ready for that.

Interview Questions

• Remembering tricks to get 2 or 3 digit multiplications done fast by hand is a must. It's really an easy test so long as you practice for some time to gain some speed.   Answer Question

Quant Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tibra (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

HR interview with many competency based questions. At the end some other mental calculus do to orally only (and timed by the HR).

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tibra.

Interview

First they contact you via e-mail to do the test. Unfortunately they do not refund the travel cost.

Interview Questions

• The test is very tough and you have to be very quick. Good luck, you need it.   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tibra (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The first step is to do an online technical test they've setup. It's a bit like "Walking with Dinosaurs" - the questions have a lot of focus around Winforms 2005 features - which unless you've been stuck with ancient technologies - you wouldn't know. There is 1:1 technical interview, which is followed by HR/senior Management interview.

Interview Questions

• Something about Winforms CurrencyManager. (nowadays we have WPF/MVVM binding)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tibra (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

First there was an online C++ theory test. There's a series of question and you have to tick boxes for each with multiple choices. Then I've met with the local head of the software development department which was more about my motivation.