Tibra

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Trainee Trader Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tibra in October 2012.

Interview Details – Online "quantitative" and "logic" test. They are easy and pointless, around 30min each. The quantitative test involves reading tables and charts. It's more of a see if you can read and punch numbers into a calculator fast enough test. The logic test was a bit more interesting, but still pointless. Then the give you a week to do a small programming assignment. Again pointless. Then pointless a 15 min phone interview. The guy I interviewed with said I'll get an auto pass for "superday" and asked me brief questions about my resume. No desire to get to know me and he sounded depressed.

Superday is a scam. They will not provide for your traveling expenses. Tibra is basically a failed company, who try to pick up employees that other trading companies pass-over, and exploit them. That's why every preceding "rounds" with tests are all pointless. They try to get as many people to go to their superday as possible on their own dime, only to pick 1 at the end. Even during the various stages of superday, you'll be kicked out if you fail that stage. Thankfully, there was a snow storm this year and I told them my flight was canceled. They gave me a 30 min phone interview as a way to make-up for the superday. I guess they feel bad that I missed the flight I supposedly paid for. Just kidding, they didn't feel bad at all. The guy asked a bunch of retarded questions and couldn't wait to get off the phone after 25 min.

I have saved all the answers to their online tests and programming test. Hit me up if you want the answers (3ntericfever at gmail). I have warned you. It's just big waste of time. Only reason you would apply is if you're in Chicago already and really desperate.

Interview Question – Programming test: Look at this tree diagram and design a data-structure that would allow you to perform certain tasks.   View Answer

C++ Developer Interview

C++ Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tibra in June 2011.

Interview Details – Online C++ general knowledge test before fate to fate interviews
Face to face interview with head of development (background, experience and ambitions) screening before arranging developer interview
Interview with two developers (2+ hours technical verbal + written and experience/general knowledge) one week later
Interview with HR (attitude to work, experience and ambitions) one week later

Interview Question – Something about connecting pipes together   Answer Question

Quant Trader Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tibra in March 2013.

Interview Details – HR interview with many competency based questions. At the end some other mental calculus do to orally only (and timed by the HR).

Interview Question – oral calculus not expected at the end. And timed   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Tibra in January 2013.

Interview Details – The first step is to do an online technical test they've setup. It's a bit like "Walking with Dinosaurs" - the questions have a lot of focus around Winforms 2005 features - which unless you've been stuck with ancient technologies - you wouldn't know. There is 1:1 technical interview, which is followed by HR/senior Management interview.

Interview Question – Something about Winforms CurrencyManager. (nowadays we have WPF/MVVM binding)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Trader Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tibra.

Interview Details – First they contact you via e-mail to do the test. Unfortunately they do not refund the travel cost.

Interview Question – The test is very tough and you have to be very quick. Good luck, you need it.   Answer Question

Graduate (Trainee) Trader Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tibra in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an appliction via the Tibra website. If you are rejected at any stage of the process you cannot apply for this position at Tibra again in the future. The following stages then apply:

1. Online Numerical Reasoning Test by SHL. This test consists of reading tables and graphs, interpreting the information, doing some calculations and answering multiple choice questions. Individual question difficulty ranges greatly, but on average seems to be harder than SHL numerical reasoning tests set by some other banks.

2. Online Logical Reasoning Test by SHL. Each question in this test consists of looking at a sequence of 5 shapes, and from them extrapolating the next shape in the series.

3. Written tests - Maths Test + Logical Test. Your scores from both tests are combined. Pass mark is about 40/69. No calculators allowed. You can do working out but it doesn't get marked, only the final answer is considered.

Maths test: All questions are asked via a short story (1 - 3 sentences). Most questions involve calcuating profit from buying and selling shares, but some are very slightly different and others are completely different. The questions generally get easier to harder. You need to have an excellent mental arithmetic ability.

Logic Test: A wide range of puzzle/brain teaser questions with a focus on lateral thinking and situational awareness. Questions include matchstick puzzles (rearrange matches to make a shape, etc.), and 'Zebra Puzzles'.

4. HR Interview, 1 hour. Standard HR interview.

5. Trader Interview, 1 hour. In depth questions designed to test exactly how much you know about trading and market making.

Interview Questions

• You buy 3250 Tibra shares for $2.50 each. You then buy a further 1250 when the price rises to $2.70 and finally sell for $2.65 each. What is your final profit or loss?   View Answers (2)
  • A man is rowing a boat to travel up the river. each day he travels 5 miles upstream but at night when he resting he travels 4 miles downstream. How many days does he take to travel 20 miles?   View Answers (5)
  • Your resume has many useful skills learnt at university, but what life skills can you bring to Tibra?   View Answer
  • What are the inputs to the Black-Sholes Model   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tibra? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tibra interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tibra employees and interview candidates.