Tibra Trainee Trader Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tibra in October 2012.

Online "quantitative" and "logic" test. They are easy and pointless, around 30min each. The quantitative test involves reading tables and charts. It's more of a see if you can read and punch numbers into a calculator fast enough test. The logic test was a bit more interesting, but still pointless. Then the give you a week to do a small programming assignment. Again pointless. Then pointless a 15 min phone interview. The guy I interviewed with said I'll get an auto pass for "superday" and asked me brief questions about my resume. No desire to get to know me and he sounded depressed.

Superday is a scam. They will not provide for your traveling expenses. Tibra is basically a failed company, who try to pick up employees that other trading companies pass-over, and exploit them. That's why every preceding "rounds" with tests are all pointless. They try to get as many people to go to their superday as possible on their own dime, only to pick 1 at the end. Even during the various stages of superday, you'll be kicked out if you fail that stage. Thankfully, there was a snow storm this year and I told them my flight was canceled. They gave me a 30 min phone interview as a way to make-up for the superday. I guess they feel bad that I missed the flight I supposedly paid for. Just kidding, they didn't feel bad at all. The guy asked a bunch of retarded questions and couldn't wait to get off the phone after 25 min.

I have saved all the answers to their online tests and programming test. Hit me up if you want the answers (3ntericfever at gmail). I have warned you. It's just big waste of time. Only reason you would apply is if you're in Chicago already and really desperate.

Interview Questions
  • Programming test: Look at this tree diagram and design a data-structure that would allow you to perform certain tasks.   View Answer

Worked for Tibra? Contribute to the Community!