Ticketfly Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

They have two people from customer support (managers) and one person from HR interview you. It lasted about 45 minutes. Don't bother applying if you aren't a "music nerd." I felt that I did really well at the interview, had great experience in customer support, and was friendly and confident. The only possible reason I can think of as to why I didn't get the job is because I hadn't been to a concert in a long time. So if you've been too cash-strapped to go to concerts, or too busy with school or a career or having kids, you're out of luck. It's all right, because the starting pay really stinks for this kind of work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply linkedin, then Hr arrange Phone interview, I passed it. They quickly gave feedback and fly me to San Francisco. Then onsite four round interview about 4 hours. Small company, people are nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is good if you are looking for startup.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mismanaged and completely unprofessional team. Engineers were very mediocre. The interviewers don't have a common vision of what they are looking for in the new hire.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Java Senior developer position and their interview process is fast. Phone screen had no technical questions only conversation on what were the roles and responsibility in the current project. what your looking for in the new role. Later after couple of days was called in for in person 4 hrs interview . In the end they said they are looking for someone experienced in scala!!!

Interview Questions

• 1) Implementation of a method that will return the list of available tickets in the system given input as number of tickets. 2) Further how can you implement a method that gives best match 3) Pascal triangle recursion function. 4) implement interface given some case of jsp and servlet page.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

Relatively relaxed phone screening with HR "generalist". Didn't ask really ask tough questions, but did ask for my salary range (which caught me off guard).

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward. Phone screen followed by in person and a homework MVC application.

Interview Questions

• Nothing off the regular computer science, and culture fit questions.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I first met with the VP of Sales, who the position reported to. He seemed genuinely excited to have me as a candidate for the position. He had me meet the Inside Sales staff and said he'd get back to me shortly. He had me come back in for a follow-up interview with the CMO & company founder. Both interviews went well and the VP of Sales stated he would get back to me next week with an answer. I waited to hear back, however, heard nothing. I followed up with multiple emails & phone calls to the VP and heard nothing back. I knew this was not a good sign, however, felt like I deserved the courtesy of some feedback since I took the time to interview with them multiple times. I finally called one of the other sales VPs to get the answer that they had moved forward with another candidate. It showed a real lack of class & professionalism that they would not grant me the courtesy of a phone call or at least an email informing me that they had moved forward with another candidate, especially after multiple on-site interviews.