Ticketmaster

Very Easy Interview

Event Support Specialist Interview

Event Support Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring was confusing, I couldn't get into contact with the recruiter for a couple of days which was annoying, and I had no direction when I got there. The HR person is now fired.

Interview Question – Everything is very simple, they just want to see that your hardworking and can grasp new concepts quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interview Details – Interviewed with multiple managers not knowing which one would eventually be my boss. Started with a phone interview by a recruiter, then a second followup recruiter interview to ask deeper questions. Total time was about 30 minutes each. Third meeting was in person, in a conference room where several managers came in and out. Lasted about an hour. Fourth meeting with was VP level management in person. Lasted about 45 minutes. Interviews were very casual, non-threatening, and evenly balanced between interviewer and interviewee.

First impression of the office was: Casual environment, jeans, button down shirts and tennis shoes. Management dressed the same, maybe slightly nicer. This was encouraging. Everyone seemed very relaxed and the office had a medium level of noise. Basically, not as quiet as a library and not as loud as a broker bull pen.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table that we don't already have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated lightly, but not aggressively. I wanted to work there and just needed a few extra dollars to make it worth living in the city.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview with the HR Director who asked questions about my resume and experience. They then they set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for a few days later. The hiring manager asked questions about experience as well and more in depth questions about what I would be able to contribute. I was granted a second round interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster in March 2013.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by a recruiter, who put me in touch with 2 marketing specialists who asked in depth questions. They were both extremely nice. From there I spoke with the director of marketing, who rescheduled twice, and asked me the dumbest questions as if she couldn't care less and couldn't be bothered.

I had thought that I wanted to work for TicketMaster / LiveNation, but after reading the company reviews on Glassdoor then speaking with this miserable lady who encompassed all of the negative reviews in a 25 minute phone call, I lost all interest in the position and it showed in my responses.

Interview Question – I was asked why I wanted to work for Ticketmaster/Livenation, which is expected. The two marketing specialists loved the response, the director of marketing didn't comment and moved past it.   Answer Question

Director Product Management Interview

Director Product Management
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ticketmaster in January 2011.

Interview Details – Smooth and low pressure interview process.

Interview Question – None. Fairly rudimentary interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward negotiation. We met on an agreed base quickly.

Event Support Specialist Interview

Event Support Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2009.

Interview Details – Usually hire from a client of Ticketmaster or fresh out of college. Three interviews, maybe four. Looking at personality not skill, skill can be trained.

Interview Question – If you don't know all the technical stuff don't say you do. Its usually just a test to see how much you think you know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Low offer that can be negotiated higher. Usually offered by phone.

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2012.

Interview Details – External recruiter worked with Internal recruiter to setup a day's interviews (5 members, each with varying levels of seniority). Then a second day of interviews was setup with 5 highly ranked execs. Then the salary negotiations with internal recruiter. The process was very efficient, moved quickly, and there was constant communication throughout the process.

Interview Question – Your background is impressive and could be overqualified for this position, how will you stay engaged and interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Extremely open, straight-forward, and quick

Very Difficult Interview

CS Manager Interview

Pharr, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster in March 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and was contacted by recruiter.

Interview Question – When were you ever wrong?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted shortly after submitting an application. Interviewed with 2 recruiters by phone and then 3 more in person interviews at the Hollywood office. Everyone at the office had business casual attire on, but I wore a suit and tie. I was complimented on the suit and tie, but was told of their relaxed dress code.
I was asked a lot of industry specific questions and some general questions on product management and "my style for developing specs."
Was contacted by the recruiters again for salary and benefits negotiation. No drug test, but they do require a basic background check.

Interview Question – How would you change the way ticketing software is built and run in this industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation and the start date was flexible.

Business Development Interview

Business Development
West Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process began after I was contacted by a recruiter. She reviewed my qualifications, but even after I completed the first initial review, I felt that she had not yet internalized my skillset and how it applied to the opening. Nonetheless, I advanced in the process. A week later I was contacted, and asked to submit writing samples. Then nothing for another week. At the time, I wasn't hungry for the job, so I wasn't overly eager to make a change. I was asked to come in for an in person interview where I met with 2 people for 30 minutes each. A week later it was followed up with more paperwork, which was then followed up with another phone interview. I didn't do anything after that, but then I got the offer about a week later. Very slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know your base salary and your cut off point. Don't go below your cut off point.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ticketmaster

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ticketmaster interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ticketmaster employees and interview candidates.