Ticketmaster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Data Center Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring managers and supervisors from all Data Centers. They asked different questions in regards to Data Center Operations and Infrastructure cabling. Pin out for 568B connection, a role over and a cross over cable. The difference between fiber optic cables, single mode and multi mode. SC and LC Connectors.

Interview Questions

• Pin out for 568B connection, a role over and a cross over cable.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter 2 weeks later. Standard screener with recruiter. Then, first phone interview with hiring manager. After that, I was called in for a 3-hour in-person interview in which I met for 30mins with each member of the team. You can immediately tell who were the ones in charge and who were the day-to-day people. The day-to-day people asked a couple of technical questions, which I thought were pretty standard. However, one of the female senior managers, the only female in the group, seemed to be predisposed to dislike and have formulated opinions of me prior to the interview. As I answered her questions, when I looked away, I could notice her shaking her head out of the corner of my eyes but when I looked her directly, she forcefully nodded. The hiring manager of the group did not seem like a leader and I did not see learning anything but technical skills from him. In my opinion, being technically knowledgeable is not the sole trait of a good supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Spent most of the time telling each of the six people about my prior jobs. They didn't come with questions of their own; seemed to have came up with the questions on the spot.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First step of interview process was a phone screening done with the hiring manager, next was a group phone interview with supervisor and manager. Finally, the in-house interview was with the supervisor and manager as well. They asked questions about my experience on my resume, if I knew how to use specific computer programs, and what my opinions where on certain apps.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with promotions and sweepstakes in any of your previous roles?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First applied at the career fair at January. Invitation for an onsite interview came around Late March. Went and you could talk to a variety of employees in different teams that you personally found interesting. Different teams had different interview processes; some directly asked you technical questions and some were more interested in just talking about past projects in a more conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you move a collection of large files from one server to another?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about 7 teams hiring interns and we could choose our top 3 teams. Each of these teams were asking questions in a group. Few of the had tests and which they asked for the answers to later, few of them were only verbal.

Interview Questions

• A question on GIT A question on XML to JSON parsing A design questions on how could you send files from Server A to Server B A question on Spring - POJO   Answer Question

Mobile/E-mail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 interviews with departmental VP, 2 senior managers (1 via phone) and manager. Each took about an hour although VP was 45 minutes late and cost me a half day of work. One of the senior managers had such a large ego and had that "dog eat dog" vibe, she winced when I asked her questions about herself demanding I should have done research and should know who I'm talking to. Brutal. Super unfriendly and on a personal level, found it appalling she wouldn't be supportive of women in leadership roles as I had done research about her working with women in business organizations . I felt like I was wasting their time, but really, they wasted mine.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal? (delivered with a straight face, not joking)   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Depending on your year/experience, they may choose to focus on your cultural fit versus your technical abilities. Expect questions to be different based on the teams you are applying for and their technologies as well as basic algorithm questions. The internship program is relatively new, but they encourage learning and it will be up to your manager/team to gauge your abilities as well as your chance to decide if you are really interested in the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handle team conflict or how you would work in a situation where one individual is falling behind, but you have your own responsibilities.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Pharr, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

A very basic customer service skill interview they basically just wanted to make sure you had decent grammar.everything else was pretty staright forward explanation of the job. i got the job offered to me right away they really arent used for people with experience applying there.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

it is too difficult sometime depand on the manager's feeling at time. it took long time for interview and ask some very mean question but actully they do like hire you.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online through university career center website. Processed very fast and give me an onsite interview without an phone interview. Three teams interviewed me and finally give me an offer after one week

Interview Questions

• No surprising question, just discussed my recent project. No coding question.   Answer Question