Ticketmaster

2.8

Mobile/E-mail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster.

4 interviews with departmental VP, 2 senior managers (1 via phone) and manager. Each took about an hour although VP was 45 minutes late and cost me a half day of work. One of the senior managers had such a large ego and had that "dog eat dog" vibe, she winced when I asked her questions about herself demanding I should have done research and should know who I'm talking to. Brutal. Super unfriendly and on a personal level, found it appalling she wouldn't be supportive of women in leadership roles as I had done research about her working with women in business organizations . I felt like I was wasting their time, but really, they wasted mine.

Interview Questions
    • What is your spirit animal? (delivered with a straight face, not joking)   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2014.

it is too difficult sometime depand on the manager's feeling at time. it took long time for interview and ask some very mean question but actully they do like hire you.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2014.

Applied online through university career center website. Processed very fast and give me an onsite interview without an phone interview. Three teams interviewed me and finally give me an offer after one week

Interview Questions
    • No surprising question, just discussed my recent project. No coding question.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interviewed with multiple managers not knowing which one would eventually be my boss. Started with a phone interview by a recruiter, then a second followup recruiter interview to ask deeper questions. Total time was about 30 minutes each. Third meeting was in person, in a conference room where several managers came in and out. Lasted about an hour. Fourth meeting with was VP level management in person. Lasted about 45 minutes. Interviews were very casual, non-threatening, and evenly balanced between interviewer and interviewee.

First impression of the office was: Casual environment, jeans, button down shirts and tennis shoes. Management dressed the same, maybe slightly nicer. This was encouraging. Everyone seemed very relaxed and the office had a medium level of noise. Basically, not as quiet as a library and not as loud as a broker bull pen.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table that we don't already have?   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiated lightly, but not aggressively. I wanted to work there and just needed a few extra dollars to make it worth living in the city.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster.

The first interview was a phone interview with the HR Director who asked questions about my resume and experience. They then they set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for a few days later. The hiring manager asked questions about experience as well and more in depth questions about what I would be able to contribute. I was granted a second round interview with the hiring manager.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in March 2013.

First I was contacted by a recruiter, who put me in touch with 2 marketing specialists who asked in depth questions. They were both extremely nice. From there I spoke with the director of marketing, who rescheduled twice, and asked me the dumbest questions as if she couldn't care less and couldn't be bothered.

I had thought that I wanted to work for TicketMaster / LiveNation, but after reading the company reviews on Glassdoor then speaking with this miserable lady who encompassed all of the negative reviews in a 25 minute phone call, I lost all interest in the position and it showed in my responses.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted to work for Ticketmaster/Livenation, which is expected. The two marketing specialists loved the response, the director of marketing didn't comment and moved past it.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2012.

External recruiter worked with Internal recruiter to setup a day's interviews (5 members, each with varying levels of seniority). Then a second day of interviews was setup with 5 highly ranked execs. Then the salary negotiations with internal recruiter. The process was very efficient, moved quickly, and there was constant communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Your background is impressive and could be overqualified for this position, how will you stay engaged and interested?   Answer Question
    Extremely open, straight-forward, and quick

Event Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2011.

Hiring was confusing, I couldn't get into contact with the recruiter for a couple of days which was annoying, and I had no direction when I got there. The HR person is now fired.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is very simple, they just want to see that your hardworking and can grasp new concepts quickly.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster in January 2011.

Smooth and low pressure interview process.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward negotiation. We met on an agreed base quickly.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in December 2010.

I was contacted shortly after submitting an application. Interviewed with 2 recruiters by phone and then 3 more in person interviews at the Hollywood office. Everyone at the office had business casual attire on, but I wore a suit and tie. I was complimented on the suit and tie, but was told of their relaxed dress code.
    I was asked a lot of industry specific questions and some general questions on product management and "my style for developing specs."
    Was contacted by the recruiters again for salary and benefits negotiation. No drug test, but they do require a basic background check.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the way ticketing software is built and run in this industry.   View Answer
    Some negotiation and the start date was flexible.