Ticketmaster

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2009.

The interview process began after I was contacted by a recruiter. She reviewed my qualifications, but even after I completed the first initial review, I felt that she had not yet internalized my skillset and how it applied to the opening. Nonetheless, I advanced in the process. A week later I was contacted, and asked to submit writing samples. Then nothing for another week. At the time, I wasn't hungry for the job, so I wasn't overly eager to make a change. I was asked to come in for an in person interview where I met with 2 people for 30 minutes each. A week later it was followed up with more paperwork, which was then followed up with another phone interview. I didn't do anything after that, but then I got the offer about a week later. Very slow.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of tools are you aware of that will enhance your job?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years at Ticketmaster?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle inter-departmental tensions?   Answer Question
    Make sure you know your base salary and your cut off point. Don't go below your cut off point.

Event Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ticketmaster in June 2009.

Usually hire from a client of Ticketmaster or fresh out of college. Three interviews, maybe four. Looking at personality not skill, skill can be trained.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't know all the technical stuff don't say you do. Its usually just a test to see how much you think you know.   View Answer
    Low offer that can be negotiated higher. Usually offered by phone.

Cs MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in March 2009.

Submitted resume and was contacted by recruiter.

CorporateDevelopment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in August 2007.

Initial screening by HR on phone call, and then a one-one interview with hiring manager. Afterwards, I met with the heads of product, operations, marketing, and CEO. I was impressed by their level of intelligence, likeability and cordiality. Questions were pretty specific, but I was prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What specific deal proposal do you have that will grow Ticketmaster's overall business?   View Answer

Ticketmaster is under a time of intense change - there seemed to be significant turnover and I was concerned about the culture of the organization. The best area in the company seemed to be product.

Graduate Accountant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ticketmaster.

I applied from an online job listing. I was contacted by HR on my mobile requesting my availability to come in for an interview. I missed her call and she rang back on New Years day to confirm the interview for the 6th. I was advised that it was a "preliminary" meeting first and not a formal interview.

Event Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster.

One interview with three people, the manager and two team leaders. At the start of the interview they give you a competency test that's relatively straight forward and takes like 10 minutes. Get asked some pretty standard questions. Was told at the end that I would hear back by the next week. Got called to say I didn't get the job as someone else was better suited.

Ticketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster in February 2014.

so I went to this job interview, it was good, but it took me 20 mins to find the office, it was really hard to find. the interview questions were simple, I think I did a good job. they said they're going to give me a call next week (which is this week) but I haven't heard anything from them yet. the whole interview experience was ok, they didn't put too much energy on this.

Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ticketmaster in March 2011.

Technical based interview with the director and two managers.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster in September 2010.

I was told about an up and coming recruitment drive through a friend working at Ticketmaster at the time. I sent through my resume and I received a call a few days later asking me to attend an interview.
    The interview itself was pretty thorough. 3 parts - a group interview, a 1:1 interview and a computer literacy test.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to walk into a large boardroom filled with 20 other applicants and have the group experience. Although I obviously passed that test, it initially sent my anxiety levels higher than I would have liked.   Answer Question

Event Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster in October 2009.

Very straight forward. Friendly conversation - but quite a few empty promises made from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • So... how was the owner of COMPANY A on your resume arrested?   Answer Question