Ticketmaster Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First step of interview process was a phone screening done with the hiring manager, next was a group phone interview with supervisor and manager. Finally, the in-house interview was with the supervisor and manager as well. They asked questions about my experience on my resume, if I knew how to use specific computer programs, and what my opinions where on certain apps.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with promotions and sweepstakes in any of your previous roles?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First applied at the career fair at January. Invitation for an onsite interview came around Late March. Went and you could talk to a variety of employees in different teams that you personally found interesting. Different teams had different interview processes; some directly asked you technical questions and some were more interested in just talking about past projects in a more conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you move a collection of large files from one server to another?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about 7 teams hiring interns and we could choose our top 3 teams. Each of these teams were asking questions in a group. Few of the had tests and which they asked for the answers to later, few of them were only verbal.

Interview Questions

• A question on GIT
      A question on XML to JSON parsing
      A design questions on how could you send files from Server A to Server B
      A question on Spring - POJO

Answer Question

Mobile/E-mail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 interviews with departmental VP, 2 senior managers (1 via phone) and manager. Each took about an hour although VP was 45 minutes late and cost me a half day of work. One of the senior managers had such a large ego and had that "dog eat dog" vibe, she winced when I asked her questions about herself demanding I should have done research and should know who I'm talking to. Brutal. Super unfriendly and on a personal level, found it appalling she wouldn't be supportive of women in leadership roles as I had done research about her working with women in business organizations . I felt like I was wasting their time, but really, they wasted mine.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal? (delivered with a straight face, not joking)   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Depending on your year/experience, they may choose to focus on your cultural fit versus your technical abilities. Expect questions to be different based on the teams you are applying for and their technologies as well as basic algorithm questions.

The internship program is relatively new, but they encourage learning and it will be up to your manager/team to gauge your abilities as well as your chance to decide if you are really interested in the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handle team conflict or how you would work in a situation where one individual is falling behind, but you have your own responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with multiple managers not knowing which one would eventually be my boss. Started with a phone interview by a recruiter, then a second followup recruiter interview to ask deeper questions. Total time was about 30 minutes each. Third meeting was in person, in a conference room where several managers came in and out. Lasted about an hour. Fourth meeting with was VP level management in person. Lasted about 45 minutes. Interviews were very casual, non-threatening, and evenly balanced between interviewer and interviewee.

First impression of the office was: Casual environment, jeans, button down shirts and tennis shoes. Management dressed the same, maybe slightly nicer. This was encouraging. Everyone seemed very relaxed and the office had a medium level of noise. Basically, not as quiet as a library and not as loud as a broker bull pen.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table that we don't already have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated lightly, but not aggressively. I wanted to work there and just needed a few extra dollars to make it worth living in the city.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR which laster for 30 minutes followed by technical phone screen with some basic java 101 questions and followed by onsite, they didn't provide any accommodation it was all very fast but the interview was dam easy. If you cannot clear this interview then I would say you are not engineer.

Interview Questions

• Easy programming question, database question and infrastructure question   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter, who put me in touch with 2 marketing specialists who asked in depth questions. They were both extremely nice. From there I spoke with the director of marketing, who rescheduled twice, and asked me the dumbest questions as if she couldn't care less and couldn't be bothered.

I had thought that I wanted to work for TicketMaster / LiveNation, but after reading the company reviews on Glassdoor then speaking with this miserable lady who encompassed all of the negative reviews in a 25 minute phone call, I lost all interest in the position and it showed in my responses.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work for Ticketmaster/Livenation, which is expected. The two marketing specialists loved the response, the director of marketing didn't comment and moved past it.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

External recruiter worked with Internal recruiter to setup a day's interviews (5 members, each with varying levels of seniority). Then a second day of interviews was setup with 5 highly ranked execs. Then the salary negotiations with internal recruiter. The process was very efficient, moved quickly, and there was constant communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Your background is impressive and could be overqualified for this position, how will you stay engaged and interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely open, straight-forward, and quick

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Smooth and low pressure interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward negotiation. We met on an agreed base quickly.