Ticona

Relevance Date Difficulty

Platform Engineer Interview

Platform Engineer
Florence, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ticona.

Interview Details – By an internal refer. They are happy on the phone interview and was invited to an onsite interview. Met over 7 people, all of which are very smart. My skills didn't match the job closely. But they said they are looking for smart people.

Interview Question – How do you convince your buyer to purchase your new but more expensive product?   View Answer

Analytical Scientist Interview

Analytical Scientist
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Ticona in August 2011.

Interview Details – Whole day interview, from Morning to the aternoon... involving a lot of people, including the menager, HR, and the people who are going to work with you. Ask a lot of questions, mostly about your research or give you an example to see how you can handle it. You are asked to give a presentation about your researches... very professional and impressive

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ticona in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two senior scientists for around half an hour. I was asked to briefly introduce my research and they asked questions about details. There was no other technical question. After that, they asked several behavior questions such as the career path etc. The last 10 minutes they talked about the available position and answered my questions.

Interview Question – some technical questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ticona in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a headhunter about a Marketing position at a Plastics manufacturer. This was a contract placement role, so he was supplying all of the candidates for interviewing. The Headhunter vetted me about my materials knowledge and my marketing experience with my former employer in a 1 hour phone interview.
He then gave me details of the position and told me he thought I might be a good fit. He requested my approval to forward my resume to Ticona. I agreed and was contacted 1 week later with an interview date and time.
I should note that I am not Japanese but am fully bilingual J/E. I also requested the headhunter to verify if a westerner could be considered for the role and was assured this would not be a problem.
This was a back-fill position to replace a soon to be retired employee. Interview attended by Global Marketing Manager (European), APAC BDM (Singaporean) , and the current Marketing Manager (Japanese) set to retire. The interview was conducted in both English and Japanese with an equal mix of questions coming from all 3 people. The interview went very well. I could tell that the BDM and the Global Marketing Manager liked me and both told me they thought I would do a great job in the role by the end of the interview.
The catch was that the retiring Marketing Manager didn't agree with the idea of hiring a westerner for the role. I left with mixed feelings knowing that I had 2 out of 3 votes for the role, but also knowing that the local guy would not approve no matter what my qualifications.
In the end they chose a less experienced Japanese person for the role. Even the headhunter was surprised at their choice.

Interview Question – Occasionally it is required that the Marketing Manager supply detailed import information to the Customs office and the National Tax Authority. Are you familiar with the material importation process and tax codes in Japan?   View Answer

Worked for Ticona? Contribute to the Community!