Tierney Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tierney Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly yet straight forward. Only give personable answers when it is obviously wanted, otherwise stay strictly to the business at hand. Met for first interview, waiting for call back.

Interview Question – How to overcome rejection.   Answer Question

Digital Media Planner Interview

Digital Media Planner

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tierney Communications.

Interview Details – It was very informal - they are desperate for employees so they dont ask many questions - they just try to sell the company

Negotiation Details – there was none

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tierney Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume to HR, I was invited into the office for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 current PR employees. The second interview was performed by upper management. I thought that the people were nice, but were also stressed and overworked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Your pay is what they set and often you're working longer hours than what your pay should dictate.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tierney Communications in December 2008.

Interview Details – I sent a recruiter my resume and within 48 hours had an interview set up at Tierney. At first I was flattered but then the actual interview really turned me off. Although I asked the recuiter several times for some details on the position, she gave me nothing so I was already a bit annoyed. And then then the VP I interviewed with seemed far more interested in details about my current agency than about me. I think they brought me in as a "maybe" for the open position (which was really undefined and I walked away still not knowing what it really was) and mostly to try and dig for info about my agency, which was more successful than Tierney. Also, the SVP who was supposed to meet me blew it off. I never went back to meet her.

Interview Question – What was your role in developing strategies for your clients?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tierney Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tierney Communications interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tierney Communications employees and interview candidates.