Tieto

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tieto.

Interview Details – Interview was scheduled I got details via phone and also on email, It was held as planned, They had told it would take half a day to complete entire process including interviews - one technical , one PI and one HR and they did it, I went in morning at 9:30 and went back home with offer at 1:30 pm, Really liked the efficiency of time they conducted the entire process

There was one online round with c# questions, It was quite new so found it difficult, If you have not practiced such stuff before its difficult to clear but all depends on your knowledge, Technical Interview was good not much questions But was good, Personal Interview there were some puzzles asked which I answered after thinking for some time - but it was told its ok even if its not answered, But overall it was good fast

Negotiation Details – There were hardly any negotiations, I had to change so I did not negotiate much

Lead Technical Consultant Interview

Lead Technical Consultant
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tieto in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring & Interview process is very smooth and seamless. The local HR in Pune is very helpful and dynamic. The onsite people knows exactly what they want and communicate accordingly.

Interview Question – Why are you joining Tieto?   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Tieto in July 2011.

Interview Details – Technical and Personal Interview discussion was good. However, salary negotiation was not good and persons got trapped in final HR round. HR is meant for that only here.
When there is a need of good peoples from market then, recruiters are in hurry however, when we need a help from them after joining then, we did not get :(

Interview Question – Online Test being carried out before the technical round   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Riga (Latvia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tieto in September 2011.

Interview Details – There was just one interview face-to-face. HR specialist asked me common questions (incl. salary expectations), but in very polite way, trying avoid common forms of those questions. Checked english knowledge too (just asked tell about myself). Technical interview was VERY short, no stupid question, no writing algorithms on paper; then I performed a test (SQL, PL/SQL). It was less than two hours for everything, that was very good, because I came from another town to this interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked, if I'd like to become a manager later.   View Answer
  • Have you experience with EBS? Which version is the last one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me salary I asked for +5% and asked me to decide in 1-2 days.

Head of Offering Interview

Head of Offering
Espoo (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tieto.

Interview Details – Too long ago. I only remember having a interview with the second in command, with the manager on the phone. No particular hard technical questions, but a lot about presonality

Interview Question – How would you convince the Program management NOT to go live   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough, but fair.

SAP Consultant Interview

SAP Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tieto.

Interview Details – Interview at Tieto office, hiring manager asked really a lot of standard interview questions "what is your motivations, what is your strengths and weakness etc.". Interviewer didn't rise eyes from a computer most of the time and read all the questions from a list. Very little asked personally.
Besides, I got also questions what should not be asked - current salary and family situation.
No reasons for rejection were given and hiring manager didn't reply to an email when I asked.

Interview Question – A lot of very standard questions related to personality. if you aim to pass that kind of interview, you can learn how to answer all of them.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tieto in February 2011.

Interview Details – If you go through a referal or through the job sites you get a direct call or mail from the comapny HR regarding the place and time of interview. If its in Pune then it is at the EON office, where you have to first go thru a computer based technical test than the technical interview with the manager and then PI. The interview if easy of you have the skills and right attitude.

Interview Question – The details architecture of your current project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is bit tough , Coz Tieto already offers as per market and your experiece level

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tieto.

Interview Details – Job description was for Software developer but the interviewer was asking questions related to Architect level.

Interview Question – Why have you not thought as to why this project is not constructed using different technologies.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Senior Sales Manager
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tieto in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with the team lead and one line manager and then 2 phone interviews with another line manager who was based abroad.

Interview Question – The managers in India do a lot of interviewing & attend courses so they try to probe whether you are fluffing your skills out. "What do you do in your time?" "Ok, how often?" as a way to see if you really actually do it. They asked a lot about business case experience too.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little as they said these are the pay grades we have and with your experience it's company policy to be at this level. I can't complain about the salary though. In the end the team head fought with HR to get me more and later on to make sure i got a bonus they didn't want to pay me, so it is hard to complain.

Delivery Lead Interview

Delivery Lead
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tieto.

Interview Details – Good experience over all, with interviewers

Interview Question – Geographical and cultural challange and business case management,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tieto

Worked for Tieto? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tieto interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tieto employees and interview candidates.