Tieto

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.2

Senior Android Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tieto.

Contacted by the hr to schedule an initial interview. We set the date and they the hr person called and talked about the position and other hr stuff. And than she said there will be another interview with the hiring manager and someone technical. She arranged the interview with the hiring manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager and a technical guy who said to be lead developer. The lead developer didn't know some basic things about the Android development. We talked about HR stuff with the hiring manager. After the interview I asked when will you get back to me they said in about in two weeks. After about 3 weeks I send an email to ask about the status. No response. I waited about 2 more weeks and send another email and I haven't received any response for this either. I think this is really unprofessional. I am glad that they didn't make me an offer because I wouldn't want to work a company that do not respect people.

SSE Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Tieto.

One day process. Test followed by technical interview for long time almost one hour. Followed by HR interview. Technical questions like MVC, Struts, A lot of drilling on logging methods, tools used. Also showing a program diagramatically. Some questions also about servlets , jsps. Also a checking on the ready to learn attitude. And openess for working in any technologies.

No negotiation

-Functional Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tieto.

It was very cordial and accommodating.

Had first basic interest levels validation by HR, followed by Manager interview.
    Manager interest was general in nature to understand the past experience and personality traits.
    Final interview was specific on skill sets and was conducted by onsite counterpart.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say difficult but tricky question was " How do you see IT evolving in daily lives - Is it good or bad ? "   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tieto.

Technical test
    F2F technical interview
    Managerial interview
    HR interview
    Telephonic interviews done for outside candidates.

Usually only 1 day required to get offer letter.
    Interview on weekday only , except few walk-ins.

Technical interview are tough, sometimes can ask to write sudo code.
    Usually 1 or 2 people will take technical round.
    For some project onsite people may take an extra round of interview.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tieto in January 2015.

1. Online Test:
         bit difficult based on .net framework
         Each question has 3 min fix time.

2. Technical Interview 1
         Easy to crack. U need to show full confidence and positive attitude.

3. Technical Interview 2 (taken by manager)
         Easy to crack. U need to show full confidence and positive attitude.

4. Hr (Telephonic)
        To complete formalities

Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tieto in January 2015.

Walk in, took a day. Test was a bit tough for people who work on ide's.
    Interview:

Interviewer was more interested to show how brilliant he is than me rather than gauging my technical skills.
    The way questions were asked I was not able to understand it at all.

The JD given for interview mentioned that they are looking for Servlet,JSP, Custom Tag experts.
    In the interview interviewer told me that the above technologies are dead now and I should learn Hadoop :( to increase my knowledge.

He asked me about the work I have done, and he showed how better knowledge he has than what I have done.

They need to train their interviewers in how to take interviews. And put your ego aside while doing this.

Interview Questions
    • How to configure Cron Job in Spring, told the XML way. What are other ways to do it? thought about substitute for Cron Job,
      and answer was annotation :( instead of XML
      Was told that scheduledThreadPoolExecutor can be used as substitute for Cron Jobs, the guy can beat Rod Johnson man.

Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tieto.

Well-It's simply excellent,It was very simple and very quick feedback.What really impressed is overall process completed in signal day.Last but very important session was very good,i.e salary negotiation.It has been more than expected,very good initial offering.

Superb!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tieto in December 2014.

I applied on company website got a call from hr. 1 technical round, 1 managerial round and a hr round process completed in a week with good experience. technical round was average and managerial round was mostly on "what you are".

Interview Questions
    No negotiation got an offer that I asked

SAP Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tieto.

It was a pleasant experience as the process was really smooth and systematic. First i received a call from HR for scheduling my interview. He scheduled as per my comfort. It was a telephonic interview and was a technical round. I received a call following day from HR for face to face interview with the manager. Soon thereafter HR completed the recruitment process which mostly dealt with compensation and policies of the organisation. Altogether it hardly took 3 hours to complete the entire process and in a span of 2 days.

The best recruitment process i have come across so far in my career.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was discussion with HR on compensation plan as he didn't gave any window for bargain and had to accept his words.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tieto.

Applied through a referral. Received a call in 7-8 days. Initially discussed about role and salary expectation on phone.
    Then the HR called for a F2F round. This was taken by the manager and a colleague.
    After this, another candidate was interviewed and while I was on my way home, received a call to finish the HR discussion.
    Went back and had the final round of discussion and was give appointment same day.

Interview Questions
    You have to be a hard negotiator as the company pay scales are pretty low.