Tiffany & Co.

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.7

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

I filled out the application online. First I had a phone interview. Then two in person interviews with 3 different interviewers. There is a personality quiz and a drug test. The whole process took two weeks.

Brand Ambassador Interview

I had an initial telephone interview by an HR personnel, then was asked to come in for another interview by another HR rep., that same day I was interviewed by the operations and merchandise manager and was offered the position immediately after my interview.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

It involved a drug test and verifying information on your resume. It took far too long to get through the process. The process took about three weeks, and it involved multiple phases and steps. It was rather too in depth for a seasonal position. I had to speak to an Human Resource person in Texas or something for about two weeks of the process.

Interview Questions
    • It was only a few minutes long, but the H.R. person at the store in Chicago is very professional.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

I initially was required to take a test online to determine my retail and people skills, which took almost an hour. The store manager called me a few weeks later to set up an interview. She was in a rush to commence the process, and wanted me to come in first thing the next morning, which was a Friday. But I had already scheduled another interview, so she agreed to wait until Monday. When I arrived, I was surprised at how young she was; she was also overweight and not well put together. It turns out that I was the first person to be interviewed for this spot, and the job wasn't going to start for six weeks. Although I happen to have a strong background in upscale retail brands, I never heard back from her. I did send a thank you note after the interview, and placed a follow up phone call. But I still didn't hear back from her. I found her very unprofessional, and I am not impressed with this company's interview process, to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the questions difficult; they were standard.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Simple, fast process. Probably help to dress for the part, I was well dressed and was treated very well, was there for aprox. 1 hour

Was interviewed by HR person, followed by Sales person, both very pleasant and polite. They where very helpful and answer all my questions

Necessary to do the drugs test and background check.
    It was a good experience

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

A few days after application was submitted, I was contacted by a recruiter for the phone interview. The questions were very basic and centered around my resume. I was later contacted for a second interview.
    My second interview I met with the HR Representative and the IA Department. The HR Rep was very nice and able to answer all of the questions I had. I later met all the managers of the IA Department separately which resulted in them asking the same questions over and over again. They explained their work and asked questions based on my resume. Nothing too difficult. It seems they are looking for a cookie cutter corporate personality. Be very careful with how you respond to their questions.
    I was later informed that while I satisfied their qualifications, they decided to move on.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call your supervisor, what would she/he say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

It is a very simple interview process. You can expect typical interview questions. First interview was in person and then after offer, background check and drug test. Background check takes about 2 weeks.

You can expect questions about your former job experiences and how your experience at each company was; your personality and what you can bring to the company; what your long term goals are. It would hurt to have some knowledge on the collections.

Overall, for me it was a great one on one interview and felt more of a get to know me conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever encountered a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Process started out rather smoothly and professional but downhill from there. Was called in for second interview and interviewers told me I had very strong qualifications and pretty much led to believe I was a shoe-in for the role only to be told later on by my recruiter that my technical capabilities were not strong enough. Interesting since none of the members of staff i interviewed with were technical at all. I even had to do a 30 minute writing assessment which even two of the individuals on staff told me was a joke during the interview!! I also never received any type of letter or follow up from Tiffany which was very unprofessional on their part.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background. Very generic type questions in general.   Answer Question

Seasonal Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Very simple. Nothing out of ordinary. I was asked to wait in the private room in the back. Then the interviewer came in and spent time asking me questions. It seemed a little disorganized when she told me to wait for another interviewer to come. But she later told me that nobody can come.

Interview Questions
    • How to close sales? What is the way to solve the problems?   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

It was a 2-step hiring process. The first was a phone interview with HR. Mostly a discussion of what department you're most interested in and whether on not Tiffany & Co. can accommodate your interests. The second round was a panel interview with four Directing Managers. Managers asked many questions based on your resume.

Whichever manager felt that you were best suited for their team would choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Panel interview was very friendly and laid-back. Mostly all questions came from your resume.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.