Tiffany & Co.

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

interviewed with three different managers. Fairly easy questions regarding the duties of the job. and "what if" situations. online assessment take some time.

Interview Questions
    was offered and accepted. didn't negotiate

Sales Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Brief phone interview with recruiter. In-person interview with Assistant Store Manager and Sales Manager. In-person interview with Director of the store. Role play as a Sales Professional in front of one of the managers.

Full Time Sales Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

After having a phone interview with the Area Director (fancy word for store manager), I was scheduled to have management interview in to days. The morning of the interview, I was emailed forms to fill out and return by email attachment before interview. It was lucky I was home and available to spend a couple hours. The in person interview included the Area Director and her new Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager seemed tense. The Area Director was very fluid with discussions of client servicing. This seemed to be the emphasis, so I focused on those points.

I have no back ground in luxury retail and emphasized training on how T&Co was my most important interest. Area Director assured me she could train anyone with how T&Co works. She wanted demonstrated success and commitment to client servicing.

After I was hired, I found her commitment to my training fell by the wayside. It's really a sink or swim environment. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. "Why should T&Co. hire you? What do you offer us?"   View Answer
    No negotiations. Their offer of base pay is in stone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

I applied online and several days later I received email from a recruiter that for a phone interview. Before the phone interview I was asked to complete a personal test. The phone interview was fine questions were basic about myself, not hard. Then I was asked to come to a 1:1 interview. Same questions were asked. Few days later I got an offer and I accepted. Then follow by a drug test, back ground check and reference check. The whole process was smooth and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic about myself I don't think they were hard.   Answer Question

Operations Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

I had an interview with the assistant manager and also had the opportunity to meet with the sales manager. I got called in for a second interview with the store director a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that were asked are nothing out of the ordinary. There are, however, several hypothetical situations that they ask questions about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Pretty Simple, general questions. All depending on the job

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co. in January 2014.

The HR manager was very nice. She took me into her office where she asked general questions. She asked a series of questions about my experience ("Tell me a time when...") before I got to say anything about the job. Go into the interview expecting lots of thought-provoking (but not difficult) questions

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but definitely unexpected was "Explain how you demonstrate active listening." I had never gotten that question before, I was a bit caught off guard.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co. in January 2014.

Phone interview with HR, interview with Supervisor and then with manager. Technical questions about AR.
    Manager will ask question about skills, and what your dream job is, and your soft skills.

Interview Questions
    • What process do you use to perform a reconciliation? Have you created a Excel spread sheet from scratch ?
      How do you get through a task that you do not like to do ? Are you a team player and can you work independently ?
        Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Received a phone call a week after I submitted my resume online, agreed to meet at the New York office. First spoke with the HR representative, friendly, straightforward questions. Then completed a writing and editing assessment. Second, spoke with a program associate, very kind--questions were similar to the HR rep. Third, spoke with a program director, a little on the curt side, but respectful. Questions included why tiffany, why I am interested in the position, my availability, if I had any salary requirement, how my background will assist the role, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was a point of criticism you have received from your past positions?   Answer Question

Finance Operations Manager - Tiffany Service Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tiffany & Co. in December 2013.

Previously interviewed for another position at Tiffany & Co., but was not made an offer and resume was passed on for this position. Initial HR phone conversation focused on gauging interest and interview was set-up almost immediately.

Met on-site with hiring manager who asked basic behavioral and scenario type questions focused on management experience. Positive experience with hiring manager prompted HR to request I come in the following day to meet with the VP of the group. Met with the VP and HR the following day and both seemed positive. HR suggested an offer package would be put together and requested I summarize results for a take home business case including simple operational performance data. I sent out the business case summary the following day and did not receive material follow up until I received a boiler plate rejection e-mail 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Business Case involved insurance claim tracking performance by employees over 9mo period. Provided data about hours logged by employees and claims tracked by month. Overall objective was to provide summary of results by division.   Answer Question