TigerDirect Canada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.6

B2B Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada in March 2014.

Interview

Screening during the job fair , phone call next day after the job fair to schedule an interview, interview schedule in 5 days , computer skills 30 question test, interview with 2 executives , extremely informal dressing code don't get surprise.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Somewhat laid back. Store really needed people at the time so they were not very selective. The more important your position is the more rigorous the interview is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation. Slightly above minimum wage

A+ PC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Did an interview with store manager, did background check, got hried.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada in September 2012.

Interview

Met with the Corporate Manager of B2B during the Job Fest at the Metro Toronto Convention Center

They called me for a first interview about a week later

Met with two of the coaches for the Etobicoke office. Completed a test on IT products, you don't need to "pass" it, its just so they know how much you know.

Two weeks later I got a call stating I got an offer

Post interview it was one week of training and then they throw you onto the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write about book on sales, what would you name the first three chapters   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone gets the same offer, you may have room to negotiate with vacation time but not with the rest.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called a few days after I submitted my resume for a phone interview. It last about 15-20 mins. There was a brief review of my resume and a few questions about what each job entailed. I was then asked what kind of computer I owned and why I chose it, gauging my knowledge/ enthusiasm for technology. I was invited for an interview in the office.

The office isn't very impressive, ground level warehouse/office space without very many windows. I wore a dress shirt and tie which was appropriate for the interview, but is nicer that you are expected to dress while at work.

The face-to-face interview took place in 2 parts. First with the floor manager and then as a group with the GM. Work history was reviewed again, and the usual questions about the most memorable sale you've ever made, and if I was familiar with the standard sales processes. There was a multiple choices knowledge test having to do with I.T hardware and software. in total I was probably there for about 45 minutes.

If you come across as someone somewhat knowledgeable about technology and personable (in person and over the phone) it shouldn't be to hard to make a good impression.

Interview Questions

• unexpected: What kind of computer do you own and why did you buy it, and other questions about the motherboard in my desktop....   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is non-negotiable as is the commission structure.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TigerDirect Canada in May 2012.

Interview

Do you know the importance of selling anti virus and warranty.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the importance of selling anti virus and warranty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, start as soon as we do a background check.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. As most others claim, skills were unimportant but technical knowledge was focused on. Desperation seemed to be the case and they are trying to fill positions as they frequently become vacant. Questions were unrelated to field and were at times embarrassing to answer. Store manager was clearly a new immigrant and not a longtime employee as grammar was clearly an issue.

Interview Questions

• What processor do you prefer Intel or AMD? Do you like Nvidia or AMD graphics cards? Plasma or LCD? etc..   Answer Question

Business Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada in January 2012.

Interview

Sales management is clueless, no training on products or continual training while employed. Base salary breaks down to 8.55 per hour. REALLY!! Pay scale is retail although job is M-F 8-5. Sales manager advised it takes 3 years to make 60,000 annually. Interview process is 2 interviews one with sales manager and general manager. It appeared to me they would hire anyone.

Interview Questions

Low base pay, sales management no direction

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

Quite short however the Sales manager at the time seemed quite experienced and asked well placed questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of computer do you have? And why did you choose that one? Why those parts?   1 Answer

Computer Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TigerDirect Canada (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

Short and sweet. Was asked all the usual questions and once the manager saw I was a nice guy he gave me the job.