TigerDirect Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.1

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TigerDirect (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and immediately got an email from one of their recruiters. I spoke with her for about 15 minutes and set up an in person interview with the hiring manager in Naperville. I was more than qualified for this job. The recruiter seemed very excited and gave me a few pointers for the face to face. The hiring manager was incredibly unprofessional. It was obvious she had no desire to interview me. Her body language reminded me of a pouting child who refuses to eat her broccoli but hasn't been excused from the table. She slouched in her chair with her arms crossed. Her legs were stretched out with her ankles crossed. She smirked and made faces like a kid with an attitude problem. She did not contact me with her decision as promised and I had to hound the recruiter for the answer I already knew was coming. Obviously I got no offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Translation: Why would YOU ever want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Loitered around the store when I arrived, since the interviewer was not at the store at the time. Interview was quite quick and formal, my interviewer got straight to the point and very direct. After reading my resume and answering a few questions, he then offered me the job, but before that, I had to fill out a few papers, get a few tests and everything was good.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable selling? Can you sell? etc, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview

Phone interview. I spoke with a District or Territory manager who was cordial until he asked me about salary expectations. This is when he became extremely condescending. I remained calm but at that point the interview was over. He made me feel like I was wasting his time and was out or my mind for even thinking I was going to get paid said amount, even though my current employer has no problem paying me that amount.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt I should get paid more than their General Managers?   Answer Question

B2B Account Manager - Raleigh, NC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TigerDirect (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on Indeed.com. The recruiter sent over the job description via email and a brief telephone interview was conducted. On the telephone interview, the recruiter asked me a number of questions pertaining to inside sales. After the call, I was instructed to fill out an online application. The online application contained 9 questions (1. What image do you have of our company and this industry? What types of products/services have you sold and how did you sell them? What kind of goals motivate you the best? What total compensation are you seeking? Tell me about a sales experience that demonstrates your work ethic? What is your sales process, given a qualified lead? How many contacts do you make on a qualified lead? If you had to turn down a request from a valued client, what would you do? Describe a customer complaint that you have resolved? How do you handle negative feedback from very angry clients? How do you respond to him/her? Explain with an example, how would you handle a situation where a customer is asking for something, which is not in the interest of the company or which would violate a policy of the company?) Once I completed the application, the recruiter set up a face to face interview with Tiger Direct. The interview was not difficult as they asked the same questions from the online application. I was interviewed by two sales manager and I sat with an inside sales rep for 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of goals motivate you the best?   1 Answer

The salary offered was 25K for the first six months with 13% commission and 20K after six months with 18% commission. A new inside sales rep starts with no client list therefore you will not profit from the commission until you develop a solid client list which will take anywhere from 1-2 years. They only offer 6 paid holidays out of 10 calendar holidays. You do not start accruing vacation time until you have been employed for 6 months.

Even though the salary was not what I was looking for the people seem to be friendly. I do believe this is an opportunity for someone who is now starting off. It is a decent alternative from working at a fast food joint and having to work weekend and holiday hours. This is a nice opportunity for self motivated students, it does require a person with confidence, who is well spoken, and comfortable using a computer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TigerDirect (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through a 40 min phone interview that was very detailed. Was told that I was going to have a second interview and that was confirmed on a follow up call. After that there was no further contact; not even to inform me they were going with a different applicant. How professional.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard. I got a lot of questions about commission sales experience.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TigerDirect (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Had a quick phone interview that lasted no longer than 15 minutes, than interviewed at Tiger Direct. This interview was also no longer than 15 minutes, and it seemed like her mind was made up from the start. Was not offered the position due to not having any sales experience compared to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Average interview, was not difficult interview, too long ago to remember any specific questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TigerDirect (Euless, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick and straight to the point not very complicated, laid back and offer immediately. Interested in knowledge of electronic products and cell phone knowledge plus availability and transportation and it was a very short interview

BBtoB Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Not that hard to get a position here if you want it. Just go in with an up beat positive, can do attitiude

Interview Questions

• don't remember anything that through me majorly.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is unpredictable and extremely slow.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working overtime including weekends?   Answer Question

No career advancement and lot of outsourcing

Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview

You apply online and wait for a call. You can call the store but nobody has any information. Once you get the first interview with with the sales manager you interview with the GM. Then an interview with the district manager, and a phone interview with a corporate guy. The entire process took about 2 months to go through. There is a background test, a 1 in thick packet to fill out, and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions where the normal standard interview questions.   Answer Question