TigerDirect

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TigerDirect in February 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in resume, got hired. Only asked if I could sell anything with the right training. I didn't get the training. Had to lie to customers about the anti virus, made me sad.

Interview Question – Can you sell the unsellable   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They lied.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at TigerDirect in June 2014.

Interview Details – Went through a 40 min phone interview that was very detailed. Was told that I was going to have a second interview and that was confirmed on a follow up call. After that there was no further contact; not even to inform me they were going with a different applicant. How professional.

Interview Question – All the questions were standard. I got a lot of questions about commission sales experience.   Answer Question

Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview Details – Had a quick phone interview that lasted no longer than 15 minutes, than interviewed at Tiger Direct. This interview was also no longer than 15 minutes, and it seemed like her mind was made up from the start. Was not offered the position due to not having any sales experience compared to other candidates.

Interview Question – Average interview, was not difficult interview, too long ago to remember any specific questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TigerDirect in November 2011.

Interview Details – Called by sales coach for interview. Sat with general manager and coaches for thirty minutes and talked. Very informal.

Entry level job, they just want people that are willing to do to job.

Negotiation Details – No

Merchant Interview

Merchant
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TigerDirect in September 2013.

Interview Details – No response to applications, only response was through contacts. Communication was via text, email and phone. One face to face interview which went well

Interview Question – The major difficulty was pay rate, previous rates of pay for the same position have dropped dramatically by as much as 40%. They quality of work and years of experience are of less importance now, replaced with minimum pay for minimum quality.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Jefferson, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TigerDirect in September 2011.

Interview Details – Such high turnover that if you have a pulse they will hire you

Negotiation Details – None

BBtoB Sales Consultant Interview

BBtoB Sales Consultant

Interviewed at TigerDirect

Interview Details – Not that hard to get a position here if you want it. Just go in with an up beat positive, can do attitiude

Interview Question – don't remember anything that through me majorly.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TigerDirect.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is unpredictable and extremely slow.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working overtime including weekends?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No career advancement and lot of outsourcing

Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Merchandising Supervisor
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TigerDirect in August 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews fairly simple

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us   Answer Question

Plantation, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TigerDirect in April 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was with a Sales Manager that had been on the job one day and didn't know what to ask, so we talked about football and hockey until the Gm walked in, unbuttoned her shirt (Yup, she actually did that), and asked him what he thought of me. He said "I think this is the man for the job" and I was hired. Only thing, I applied for full time tech and they said sure, then my first day they told me I would be part time counter help.

Interview Question – I had none. We literally talked about sports for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. I was told this is the pay, and since I was unemployed and desperate, I took it. I was low-balled, but what could I do. I eventually took all the promotions from people quitting I could get until I was just under management. That offer never came.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TigerDirect

Worked for TigerDirect? Contribute to the Community!