Tilly's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilly's.

I applied with a paper application, was promptly called to schedule an interview with the store manager and also with the district manager. They really just want you to be yourself and it is a warm friendly environment. The management is really up beat and customer focused. The culture in this company is great and provides opportunities to move up.

Other Interview Reviews for Tilly's

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

I noticed that the store was hiring through the mall's online job listings.

I called the contact (which was the Store Manager) to verify that the listing was accurate. She said that is was and said that I should come in and apply.

I arrived at the store to drop off my resume and she gave me an application.
    The culture in the store was vibrant and all of the sales associates were active on the sales floor and were eager to assist me. The store manager was very pleasant and came off as an experienced worker.

I filled-out the application and attached my resume. About 2-3 days later, I received a call for an interview. The interview with the Store Manager was great. She was very knowledgeable about the company and was clear about what she wanted from her ASM.

I got a call the next day for an interview with the District Manager which seemed like it would be much more difficult, but it wasn't. She made me feel comfortable and was also experienced in her field. She, too, made it clear that Tilly's has high expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario when you would need to break company policy? Why would you do it?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   View Answer
    I asked for $14.00, they offered $12.75 + benefits (my other job didn't offer benefits) so I took their offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

General retail questions that are provided through the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tilly's? Contribute to the Community!