Tilly's

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

Interview Details – I noticed that the store was hiring through the mall's online job listings.

I called the contact (which was the Store Manager) to verify that the listing was accurate. She said that is was and said that I should come in and apply.

I arrived at the store to drop off my resume and she gave me an application.
The culture in the store was vibrant and all of the sales associates were active on the sales floor and were eager to assist me. The store manager was very pleasant and came off as an experienced worker.

I filled-out the application and attached my resume. About 2-3 days later, I received a call for an interview. The interview with the Store Manager was great. She was very knowledgeable about the company and was clear about what she wanted from her ASM.

I got a call the next day for an interview with the District Manager which seemed like it would be much more difficult, but it wasn't. She made me feel comfortable and was also experienced in her field. She, too, made it clear that Tilly's has high expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you would need to break company policy? Why would you do it?   View Answer
  • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $14.00, they offered $12.75 + benefits (my other job didn't offer benefits) so I took their offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

Interview Details – General retail questions that are provided through the company.

Interview Question – What made you choose Tilly's?   Answer Question

Worked for Tilly's? Contribute to the Community!