Tilly's

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tilly's.

So I this is my first job, I went in the store, and filled out an application (they were in the open) and I had the interview 2 days ago, and got a phone call today, that I got the job. The interview was VERY laid back, and its in between talking with friends, and adult friends of your parents. It is a group interview, so always be the first one to answer the questions. You need to shine out compared to the other potential candidates

Dress Code: Wear what you would wear to the store for a job, or what you would wear going out with friends. Guys: Skater jeans, some skate shoes (Nike, Adidas. You dont need to have these) T-Shirt with a brand they sell at the store. Girls: When I was there, these girls wore jeans, with converse, and a shirt with a jacket (In a guy, so I have no idea what they were wearing, but dress normally). Dont dress up nice, dress up like you would go to school, or hang out with friends

Questions: 1)Introduce yourself
    2)Greatest accomplishment
    3) What does customer service mean to you?
    4) Shoplifting red-flags
    5) What does personal image mean to you
    6) does what you wear, represent who you are?
    7) Do you follow any fashion models

Answers: 1) My name is "Bob Saget", I go to This highschool, and I am in these classes. I do these hobbies for fun, and hangout with friends.

2) My greatest accomplishment would have to be this. I achieved this goal by doing this with the help of family and friends

3) Customer service is a service in which the customer can feel comfortable. One where they would come back, because they know all their questions will be answered, and one they can tell others about.

4) Large groups, big bags, looking at employees more than items for sale, looking for cameras, refusing help, Looking at the accessories, rapid movements, longer then normal dressing room times, asking stupid questions

5) Personal image is what defines who you really are. What you wear contributes to what people think of you, whether it be a first impression, or a longstanding friendship.

6) Yes. Your shoes, pants, shirts, and the accessories you wear can defiantly reflect on what kind of a person you are

7) Im a guy, so I said no. I was the only guy there, and there were about 11 girls. Everybody laughed when I said no lol

Finally they make you pick out an outfit for an occasion they pick (party, Christmas, mall trip, vacation, etc.) It may be for the opposite sex, it may not be. Mine was. If youre a guy picking out what a girl should wear, keep it simple. Look at some of the clothes Kate Upton or Demi Lavato wear (hot girls) If youre a girl picking out guys clothes, think of what you would want your boyfriend to wear. REMEMBER WHERE YOU GOT YOUR ITEMS, THEY WILL MAKE YOU PUT THEM BACK.

Finally when everything is done, they will say "We will call you soon with an offer. If we dont call within 2 weeks, that pretty much means you didnt get the job. Feel free to apply again"

Interview Questions
    No negotiation if you are a sales associate. You get paid minimum wage. .

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

My interview was very chill and laid back. It was two of the girl managers interviewing a group of 5 of us in the back corner of the store. The managers were very nice and friendly. She started off the interview by going in a row saying our name and a cool thing about ourselves. Then she asked basic questions with scenarios. At the end of the interview we had to pick out and outfit for an occasion, my occasion was dinner and a movie, when we got our outfits together we had to sell them to the manager. After everything she said if they were interested in hiring one of us that we would hear back by tomorrow afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of fashion instagrams/celebrities you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question
    • What's your kind of fashion?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher were to say something about you what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important thing about being a tillys worker?   Answer Question
    • How would you be personable with a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 7 people. We were pulled into the back room. A lot of the people were wearing t-shirts and jeans. I felt almost over dressed. The interviewers were very friendly, and had an icebreaker question, which was "If you were an animal, what would you be." The whole process was overall very laid back, it felt like a casual conversation. The interviewers were the assistant manager and the store manager. The store manager asked the questions, while the assistant manager wrote down notes. After the questions, they grouped us into two's and we were to design an outfit based on the gender we were assigned. You have to make an effort to stand out, as some people remained silent, and didn't attempt to answer any questions. They said we would hear from them by next week.

Interview Questions
    It's a sales job, it's minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

I got a phone call for a group interview it was about 6 people the manager asked us really fun questions basically to say a bit about ourselves and to pick a word to describe yourself and then we picked an outfit and explained why we choose it and then she asked two of us to stay and asked us to come for a second interview with the actual store manager and so basically same questions why tillys what can you bring to the team then after that 20 mins later I recorded a call that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tilly's.

I applied in store they called me back and i got an interview within a couple weeks. I went in there were other people in there, it was a group interview. It was pretty laid back and really easy just think of a few answers for each question because someone might say your answer before they get to you

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilly's in October 2014.

I applied in person, the process took a good 2 weeks. I got a call back to go to a interview, it was a group interview. 5 people, 2 guys, 3 girls (including myself) we were interviewed in the back corner of the store, sitting on some benches. The assistant manager and store manager interviewed us. Well the store manager was just writing notes and the assistant was the one asking the questions. VERY LAID BACK. It didn't even fell like an interview. More like a group of friends talking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your name and an interesting/cool fact about yourself   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between sales and service   Answer Question
    Not negotiation but it's fine

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tilly's.

I applied with a paper application, was promptly called to schedule an interview with the store manager and also with the district manager. They really just want you to be yourself and it is a warm friendly environment. The management is really up beat and customer focused. The culture in this company is great and provides opportunities to move up.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tilly's.

Group Interview with the company with 4-5 other people. They can have groups up to 15 doing a group interview at the store. A lot of behavioral questions were asked, also asked you to make an outfit with options they had in the back of the store where the interview was being conducted. Have to make a conscious effort to stand out from the other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    After the first interview they invite you back to a second interview. The only offer minimum wage for sales/cashier roles

Tillys Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilly's in August 2014.

The interview was definitely easy and laid back for me, they sit you and the rest of your group down in the back of the store and ask you questions about your style and there company, nothing to difficult that you shouldn't already know. The interview is about an hour long and after wards they called me within 4-5 days and offered me the job, I didn't start for two weeks but the people are great and the managers are very cool.

Interview Questions
    • They will have you go out on the sales floor and make an outfit for yourself or someone else, and you will make a sales pitch to them about the outfit you picked.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilly's.

Dropped off app in store and one of the managers asked me a few questions about the store (i.e.- What brands do they sell? What are some current trends for guys/girls? Why do i want to work here?), got an interview offer on the spot. Interviewed in a group setting, was told there was going to be about 10-12 people but the interview was 5 people including myself. Was a very laid back interview. Manager took us to the back corner of the store and we stood in a circle while he asked questions. Very non-interview style questions- Which celebrity couple would you like as your parents?, If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you take?, Tell me a joke, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked us to pick an outfit (girls chose a guys outfit and vice versa) for a vacation to Miami. He told us to keep in mind the weather, activities you might do, and to remember where we got the clothes because we would have to put them back!   Answer Question