Tilly's Interview Questions

2.3

Lead Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tilly's in March 2012.

I was hired for the store opening, so the interview was very brief since they were hiring an excessive number of employees. Training was a two-day process--8 hours each. This is not the case for associates hired after the opening. Now that the store is open, interviews are usually group interviews, the hiring process is 1-2 weeks (post-interview) and you get one 2-4 shift for training. After that, you learn as you go.

Since it is generally a first job, negotiation is rare.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

I went in turned in my application and résumé to the manager. They called me 5 days later, told me the group interview was scheduled at 3PM on Friday, which was 2 days after the day they called me. He/she just asked you to introduce yourself, 3 things about you, why they should hire you, some basic customer service questions (depending on how many people who are in the group), then the manager had us go out to find / well an outfit including a story behind it of who'd by that outfit and etc. Hope this helped!

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2013.

It was a group interview that focused on brand awareness and sales knowledge

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone steal something?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilly's.

Walked in, asked for an application, filled and returned my application, got a call to be scheduled for a group interview. After the interview told us they would call by a certain day if we got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was offered the job + minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tilly's.

Very easy interview. Dressing the part and being enthusiastic is key.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tilly's.

I applied online and the process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tilly's.

A lot of the times they want people that know others who have worked/currently work there. Group interview setting and asked questions in a circle; ask certain people to leave or stay after group interview ends. Those who stay get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Sell something that you are wearing to the group.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Tilly's.

I filled out an app and turned it in at the store. I got a call for a group interview after two weeks. The interview was with the manager and assistant manager with 4 others. We went in order answering the questions. I was last and I think that was my downfall, so speak up!

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between good service and great service?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tilly's.

It was simple, I think the DM knew she wanted to hire me. They typically recruit, although I knew a few Mangers who were found through applications.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions were situations prompts." What would you do in this situation"   Answer Question
    I was nervous because the DM became very defensive over what I was asking for. Other managers had a better time with this, but the typically have set pays to give you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Tilly's in November 2013.

They call you for a group interview. upon arriving they gather everybody up and take you to the back. two managers conduct the interview. ask you the basic customer service questions. they actually have you then put together an outfit and give a sales pitch. then they talk to each person individually and let you know if youre hired

Interview Questions
    • what was a specific time you were asked to be dishonest or one time you remember witnessing dishonesty take place?   Answer Question
    no negotiation and pay was not discussed, nor were the hours