Tilly's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.3

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tilly's.

Group Interview with the company with 4-5 other people. They can have groups up to 15 doing a group interview at the store. A lot of behavioral questions were asked, also asked you to make an outfit with options they had in the back of the store where the interview was being conducted. Have to make a conscious effort to stand out from the other interviewees.

Interview Questions
After the first interview they invite you back to a second interview. The only offer minimum wage for sales/cashier roles

Other Interview Reviews for Tilly's

Sales Associate Interview

Was asked to apply based on style and personality while shopping, then went into a 10 person group interview.The interview was conducted by 2 managers and was fairly laid back. Only 2 got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped someone improve their style with our store?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Asked me what stores I shopped at, to pick an ideal outfit from the store, and what my daily style was like. Have to give an application in store !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tilly's in July 2014.

My sister actually had gone into the store and saw that they had a table with applications on it, so she picked one up for me and I filled it out and dropped it off the next day. As the manager looked through it, he asked why I wanted to work at Tilly's and, half listening, asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. I couldn't, but was called about six days later and invited to an interview happening the next day. When I got there, I had to wait in a line for a few minutes, and then one of the managers led us out of the store. About 20 of us were taken out to the parking lot of the mall and asked fairly simple questions--its only difficulty came from trying to get a word in. She also separated us into groups of 3 and had us do a roleplay where one of us was the seller trying to help the other two pick out outfits for concerts...we were kind of confused and she didn't really come over to our group. She wanted to know about our customer service experience, things like positive work environments we had been in, and how we stood out from the other people in the group, etc. They also really emphasize shoplifting and loss prevention. First she asked, would you rather steal a really nice pair of shoes from our store, or a stick of gum you saw lying around? Of course, you say no (people would go off on rants about how disrespectful that is to the company, so that might be good to do). Then after that, they go more into theft, so definitely be big on that!
    At first we would go around the circle and each got to answer the question, but eventually to save time she would move onto the next one after only a few people answered, so make sure you're one of the first to talk! It took a little under an hour, and she said they would call in the next 2 days. I hardly got a word in, so I knew I didn't get the job as soon as it was over.

Interview Questions
    • The roleplay was kind of unexpected, but all fairly standard interview questions. Also, the loss prevention questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilly's in June 2014.

I applied in- person i already had the form with me and filled out. I gave my application to the manager, she looked it over and started to ask me some pre- interview questions on the spot. Which I thought was really cool. After the pre- interviewing she had asked me to come to the group interviewing just 2 days later.

there was no negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in June 2014.

Asked for an application filled it out the same day and turned it in. They called me a month later for summer for a group interview and after asking all 7 of us question they made everyone leave expect me and two other girls and they had go on the floor and pick out and outfit and sell it to her and me and one other girl got hired.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

I went in turned in my application and résumé to the manager. They called me 5 days later, told me the group interview was scheduled at 3PM on Friday, which was 2 days after the day they called me. He/she just asked you to introduce yourself, 3 things about you, why they should hire you, some basic customer service questions (depending on how many people who are in the group), then the manager had us go out to find / well an outfit including a story behind it of who'd by that outfit and etc. Hope this helped!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

They do group interviews mostly and pick someone who's well dressed and most convincing with their sales pitch, no need to be nervous it's really easy to get a job there. They typically do two interviews both in groups one with an assistant manager and the other with the store manage.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about internal and external shrink and loss prevention so know those two, also if you get asked "which would you steal a pack of gum tshirt" don't say a pack of gum (it's neither)   Answer Question
    There's not much room for negotiation with hours or pay my best advice would to be work hard sell hard and try to move up as fast as you can

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

Basic interview. Mine wasn't a group interview. Just me and the stores manager Asked a lot of questions about yourself so they can see what your personality Is like. What's something you've always wanted to do. Why should we hire you. What kind of pages do you follow on social media. No second interview. I got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tilly's.

Walked in, asked for an application, filled and returned my application, got a call to be scheduled for a group interview. After the interview told us they would call by a certain day if we got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was offered the job + minimum wage.