Tilly's

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tilly's.

Got there a little early and was walked to their back room. There I met the manager and asked common questions and some fashionably influenced. After all those questions she asked when I could start. Of course I said as soon as you want me too. Now I'm scheduled to work just 3 days after my interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Tilly's

Sales Associate Interview

Was placed in an interview with 14 other people and two hiring managers during the seasonal hiring. During the time, everyone needed to answer questions individually in front of everyone. Was a bit intimidating, but the questions were pretty standard and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Picking out a clothing combination and trying to sell it to a group of 15 people.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

My interview was very chill and laid back. It was two of the girl managers interviewing a group of 5 of us in the back corner of the store. The managers were very nice and friendly. She started off the interview by going in a row saying our name and a cool thing about ourselves. Then she asked basic questions with scenarios. At the end of the interview we had to pick out and outfit for an occasion, my occasion was dinner and a movie, when we got our outfits together we had to sell them to the manager. After everything she said if they were interested in hiring one of us that we would hear back by tomorrow afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of fashion instagrams/celebrities you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question
    • What's your kind of fashion?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher were to say something about you what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important thing about being a tillys worker?   Answer Question
    • How would you be personable with a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 7 people. We were pulled into the back room. A lot of the people were wearing t-shirts and jeans. I felt almost over dressed. The interviewers were very friendly, and had an icebreaker question, which was "If you were an animal, what would you be." The whole process was overall very laid back, it felt like a casual conversation. The interviewers were the assistant manager and the store manager. The store manager asked the questions, while the assistant manager wrote down notes. After the questions, they grouped us into two's and we were to design an outfit based on the gender we were assigned. You have to make an effort to stand out, as some people remained silent, and didn't attempt to answer any questions. They said we would hear from them by next week.

Interview Questions
    It's a sales job, it's minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tilly's in November 2014.

I got a phone call for a group interview it was about 6 people the manager asked us really fun questions basically to say a bit about ourselves and to pick a word to describe yourself and then we picked an outfit and explained why we choose it and then she asked two of us to stay and asked us to come for a second interview with the actual store manager and so basically same questions why tillys what can you bring to the team then after that 20 mins later I recorded a call that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tilly's.

I applied in store they called me back and i got an interview within a couple weeks. I went in there were other people in there, it was a group interview. It was pretty laid back and really easy just think of a few answers for each question because someone might say your answer before they get to you

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilly's in October 2014.

I applied in person, the process took a good 2 weeks. I got a call back to go to a interview, it was a group interview. 5 people, 2 guys, 3 girls (including myself) we were interviewed in the back corner of the store, sitting on some benches. The assistant manager and store manager interviewed us. Well the store manager was just writing notes and the assistant was the one asking the questions. VERY LAID BACK. It didn't even fell like an interview. More like a group of friends talking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your name and an interesting/cool fact about yourself   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between sales and service   Answer Question
    Not negotiation but it's fine

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tilly's.

Group Interview with the company with 4-5 other people. They can have groups up to 15 doing a group interview at the store. A lot of behavioral questions were asked, also asked you to make an outfit with options they had in the back of the store where the interview was being conducted. Have to make a conscious effort to stand out from the other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    After the first interview they invite you back to a second interview. The only offer minimum wage for sales/cashier roles

Sales Associate Interview

Was asked to apply based on style and personality while shopping, then went into a 10 person group interview.The interview was conducted by 2 managers and was fairly laid back. Only 2 got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped someone improve their style with our store?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Asked me what stores I shopped at, to pick an ideal outfit from the store, and what my daily style was like. Have to give an application in store !