Tilly's

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Tilly's

Interview Details – Was asked to apply based on style and personality while shopping, then went into a 10 person group interview.The interview was conducted by 2 managers and was fairly laid back. Only 2 got the job.

Interview Question – How have you helped someone improve their style with our store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at Tilly's

Interview Details – Asked me what stores I shopped at, to pick an ideal outfit from the store, and what my daily style was like. Have to give an application in store !

Interview Question – What music do you listen to   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

Interview Details – They do group interviews mostly and pick someone who's well dressed and most convincing with their sales pitch, no need to be nervous it's really easy to get a job there. They typically do two interviews both in groups one with an assistant manager and the other with the store manage.

Interview Question – They will ask about internal and external shrink and loss prevention so know those two, also if you get asked "which would you steal a pack of gum tshirt" don't say a pack of gum (it's neither)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much room for negotiation with hours or pay my best advice would to be work hard sell hard and try to move up as fast as you can

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tilly's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Asked for an application filled it out the same day and turned it in. They called me a month later for summer for a group interview and after asking all 7 of us question they made everyone leave expect me and two other girls and they had go on the floor and pick out and outfit and sell it to her and me and one other girl got hired.

Interview Questions

Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Tilly's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in- person i already had the form with me and filled out. I gave my application to the manager, she looked it over and started to ask me some pre- interview questions on the spot. Which I thought was really cool. After the pre- interviewing she had asked me to come to the group interviewing just 2 days later.

Interview Question – What do you think would represent a good employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Tilly's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went in turned in my application and résumé to the manager. They called me 5 days later, told me the group interview was scheduled at 3PM on Friday, which was 2 days after the day they called me. He/she just asked you to introduce yourself, 3 things about you, why they should hire you, some basic customer service questions (depending on how many people who are in the group), then the manager had us go out to find / well an outfit including a story behind it of who'd by that outfit and etc. Hope this helped!

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilly's in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview that focused on brand awareness and sales knowledge

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw someone steal something?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked for an application, filled and returned my application, got a call to be scheduled for a group interview. After the interview told us they would call by a certain day if we got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was offered the job + minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Dressing the part and being enthusiastic is key.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Worked for Tilly's? Contribute to the Community!