Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview Details – Met with KM. Straight forward one on one hiring process. Asked about previous experience, expectations, time available for work, etc, etc ...No really difficult questions. Asked about availability and previous cooking experience and willingness to work as as team. Just tell the truth and it is done

Interview Question – No really difficult questions. Asked about availability and previous cooking experience and willingness to work as as team. Just tell the truth and it is done   Answer Question

"Kilt Girl" Entertainer Interview

"Kilt Girl" Entertainer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview Details – The interview process was very casual. I turned in my resume and spoke with one of the managers on the first day. He was kind, and he asked me about my previous experience, if I would be comfortable in the uniform, and why I wanted the position.

I was asked to come in for an interview later in the week and I met another manager. He asked me some basic questions, and then he had me try on the Kilt Girl uniform. (Tip: the kilts are short, but be sure they cover you properly! A girl that wears a street medium (or one who has long legs) will fit in a large kilt! Be honest if you are uncomfortable in the uniform or if something doesn't fit right.)

I was then asked some more "fun" questions. (Another hint: be yourself with these ones- show off your personality! The stores are looking for all types of girls, not someone that fits into a specific "type".)

I was told at the interview that they were interested, and they asked me when I could start training. My training process was about five days long with a test on the menu, drinks, and TK policies. (Last tip: STUDY STUDY STUDY this!)

Interview Question – "If you had the opportunity to be on the cover of a magazine, which one would you want to be on?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. You receive waitress minimum wage + tips.

Hostess -Tilted Kilt Downtown SAN Diego, CA Interview

Hostess -Tilted Kilt Downtown SAN Diego, CA
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in February 2011.

Interview Details – Standard questions about your experience within other similar jobs/ food & bev or hospitality. Not having experience is not a deal-breaker! The interview process is more about your poise and how you communicate and hold a conversation with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Writing short answers to questions like "what is an example in your life when you had to overcome a challenge?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hostesses get $10 an hour. I accepted.

Jul 10, 2014

Great information - Glad you are part of the team! :)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
McAllen, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was good. As long as you dress and act professional you will be hired. Be prepared to have a resume, that will get you hired faster and get the job.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable being around women with not much clothing?   View Answer

Saute Cook Interview

Saute Cook
Quincy, IL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview Details – Hired on spot. Walked in, filled out application, handed them my resume, hired on spot! The crew that was hired were unintelligent. Hardley anybody has ever cooked before. They had to be shown how to cut an onion!

Interview Question – No questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They lied about our wages. We were all under paid and our first check was short by over $200. This happened to at least 20 people that got hired.

Jul 10, 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Can you please e-mail me for details about this so we can help get this taken care of? atroff@tkfollc.com we do care about our employees and want to make sure ... More

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in January 2012.

Interview Details – No process really, most managers in this company work their way up from the inside, very rarely is there any outside talent hired directly into the GM position unless it is before the store is opened

Interview Question – There was no difficult or technical question asked   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2014

Great feedback - Thank you very much for posting this!

Bartender/Server Interview

Bartender/Server

Interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

Interview Details – Filled out an application, then met with one manager. If she/he gave you the OK, you would be asked to try on the uniform and answer a slew of questions regarding customer service and your own personal touch to serving. If you were approved, you'd be given the "golden ticket" to work there! :)

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions, if you had a brain.   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2014

Great feedback, thank you for posting. We are glad to have you part of the team!

Server Interview

Server
Fayetteville, AR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in April 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in to the restaurant.
Spoke with the general manager.
Tried on uniform.
Sat down for a formally informal interview.
Got the job.

Interview Question – Wasn't anything to difficult, pretty general questions.   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2014

Great feedback - thank you so much for posting. :)

Server Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in April 2012.

Interview Details – Try on uniform first then take personality test

Interview Question – had to write two short answer essays but i enjoyed writing them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – full time or part time

Jul 10, 2014

Welcome to the team! Thank you for posting this information to help others out! :)

Server/Entertainer Interview

Server/Entertainer
Tempe, AZ

Interview Details – Tips:
-Monday - Friday between 2p and 4p are the best times to apply.
-Make sure your hair and make-up are done. Take your piercings out and your jewelry off.
-Smile. Don't play on your cell phone (or god forbid, something dumb like start smoking) while you wait for the manager to speak with you.
-Wear something casual. Nice jeans and a cute top, or shorts and tight-fitting t-shirt. You don't need to try too hard in that department. You'll be wearing the kilt uniform for the entire time of the actual "audition."
-Come in prepared: It looks great if you submit a copy of your food handlers card with your application
-BRING A PEN!!! :-)

They will ask you to try on the uniform. Once you try it on, you will be escorted either to the dining area or the outside dining area (patio). Sometimes it's a one-on-one interview, sometimes multiple managers will be there... USUALLY it's one-on-one.

Here are the questions:

1. Name 2 things that you wish people knew about you, without being able to tell by looking at you?
2. What was something major that happened in your life and how did it change you?
3. We have a pile of applications in the back (this is just what the hiring manager is programmed to say, don't take offense) what makes you stand out from the crowd?
4. Lets roleplay. Come up to my table and introduce yourself.
(they give bonus points if you offer them a drink)
5. how do you keep yourself organized?
6. Why is it important for the front and the back of the house to work together?
7. How would you sell me a gift card?
8. Why do you want to work here?
9. What would you do if a customer wanted to order something that wasn't on the menu?
10. How would you react to a customer smacking or touching your backside?
11. What would you do if a colleague was giving away free drinks?
12. what would you do if a colleague was having a rough day and not putting in his or her amount of work?
13. Think of your favorite food, then sell it to me and make me want to buy it.

Interview Question – How would you sell me a gift card?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Jul 10, 2014

Great information - spot on. We are working on changing the interview questions up a bit, but thank you for posting this. Welcome to the team!

Worked for Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery? Contribute to the Community!