Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Interview Questions

2.0

Server/Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in February 2015.

As this was a new location, auditions were being held at a temporary office near the future restaurant. Got put in uniform before meeting with management. Management asked all of two questions and told me they would make decisions later in the week. It was very unprofessional how obvious they made it that I wasn't what they were looking for. Manager was obviously stressed and tired from a long day of auditions and did not care to be there.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

I was emailed about a casting call then set up an interview. When I showed up I filled out an application then tried on the outfit. I went in the back room with the girls who already worked there. I was escorted by one girl & she basically watched me put it on & stood by my side the whole time. Then I went out & started the interview. I was asked a few questions like "Do you like being in the spotlight" "how do you feel in the outfit" "describe yourself in 5 words" "describe the tilted kilt to me" Describe your favorite food and sell it to me" "how would you act if a celebrity was here" & "why do you want to work here" I was so confident & excited to be at the interview that i was my fun bubbly self but it seemed like that was what killed it for me. I think if I was more serious & less energetic I would of got hired. They said since it's a casting call they're not hiring anyone on the spot so if I get a call in the morning the next day I got the job, but I never got it.

Server Interview

I had applied online and was told to come in to meet a particular manager between 2:00-4:00pm
    I go in the hostess takes my application then comes back with a female manager who says "we are in a manager meeting I can have --- call you " when i am told to go in between 2pm and 4pm (by the other manager I asked for the one who contacted me to begin with) I show up at 3:15pm
    And drive 45 minutes to go! That was wrong on so many. Levels they claim how much they care and I used to work at hooters they treated me wayyyy better!
    Never going to a tilted kilt again

Bartender/Kilt Girl Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in January 2015.

There is a brand new branch opening in my hometown. I worked off and on at hooters for about 10 years, through college.

The process was fairly simple. They held what they referred to as a 'casting call' or an audition.' You were able to fill out a simple application online. The general manager responded very quickly to my email and also my text message. She scheduled me for an audition the following week for casting. Due to a tragedy, I was unable to make my first audition, and asked if I could reschedule. She was extremely kind and allowed me to come in the following day.

The next day, I wore a simple knee length black skirt and a fitted black jacket. It looked like a professional but appropriate dress suit. I waited a little longer than expected, but all three of the interviewers apologized. Two of the beauties who were helping them run the audition escorted me to a room where they helped me choose the costume. I returned to the audition where I was asked several questions by all three people. It wasn't uncomfortable, and you could tell the questions were earnest and not made to embarrass you. I felt like they were appropriate questions based upon the requirements for the job position.

I was hired on the spot. I am really excited to be a part of this team.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer had been over served and was behaving inappropriately?   View Answer
    No negotiation needed. Discussed previous experience for the position hired for, but all necessary and reasonable.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in December 2014.

I walked and asked for a job. I tried on the uniform and I got the job. It was a very simple process. The manager was very nice. I sat and filled out my paper work and started training two days later.

Interview Questions
    • What my work background was like and when could I start?   Answer Question
    Be confident in yourself.

Hostess/Kilt Girl Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Applied online got a call for my casting call 3 days later. Went to my casting call and was told to try on the uniform. Then I was taken in front of all the managers and we're asked a series of questions. They then told me to go change and come back when I was finished. Kind of feel like I had a disadvantage the GM had a meeting and wasn't present. Came back in the room and the said they would get back to me on Monday. Didn't get a call back until Tuesday and said I wasn't hired because the dress code was so strict and if it changed they would keep my application on file.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be on a cover of a magazine which one would you be on   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

I applied online and got a call to interview in person. I was told to come hair and makeup ready. I was interviewed first by one man who asked general questions, how did I hear about the opening, what are three words that best describe me. He then asked me if I was comfortable trying on the serving outfit. I said yes and I tried it on, to then have an interview with two others. They were really nice and talkative. They asked about previous experience, alcohol knowledge, and if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • Name three different brands of vodka.   View Answer
    • Can you tell a joke?   Answer Question
    • What is something your previous employer would say about you? What is something that you could have improved on?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Met with KM. Straight forward one on one hiring process. Asked about previous experience, expectations, time available for work, etc, etc ...No really difficult questions. Asked about availability and previous cooking experience and willingness to work as as team. Just tell the truth and it is done

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions. Asked about availability and previous cooking experience and willingness to work as as team. Just tell the truth and it is done   Answer Question

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Welcome to the TK Team!!

"Kilt Girl" Entertainer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

The interview process was very casual. I turned in my resume and spoke with one of the managers on the first day. He was kind, and he asked me about my previous experience, if I would be comfortable in the uniform, and why I wanted the position.

I was asked to come in for an interview later in the week and I met another manager. He asked me some basic questions, and then he had me try on the Kilt Girl uniform. (Tip: the kilts are short, but be sure they cover you properly! A girl that wears a street medium (or one who has long legs) will fit in a large kilt! Be honest if you are uncomfortable in the uniform or if something doesn't fit right.)

I was then asked some more "fun" questions. (Another hint: be yourself with these ones- show off your personality! The stores are looking for all types of girls, not someone that fits into a specific "type".)

I was told at the interview that they were interested, and they asked me when I could start training. My training process was about five days long with a test on the menu, drinks, and TK policies. (Last tip: STUDY STUDY STUDY this!)

Interview Questions
    • "If you had the opportunity to be on the cover of a magazine, which one would you want to be on?"   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate. You receive waitress minimum wage + tips.

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

We are very happy to see you had a positive experience! #KiltGirlsRock!

Saute Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Hired on spot. Walked in, filled out application, handed them my resume, hired on spot! The crew that was hired were unintelligent. Hardley anybody has ever cooked before. They had to be shown how to cut an onion!

Interview Questions
    They lied about our wages. We were all under paid and our first check was short by over $200. This happened to at least 20 people that got hired.

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Can you please e-mail me for details about this so we can help get this taken care of? atroff@tkfollc.com we do care about our employees and want to make sure ... More