Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

They basely ask me about my past experienced and how to deal with the relationship with co-worker, and how I going to handle when I see my co-worker stealing something in company.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply this position?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I couldn't answer some of the questions but the interviewer helped me through it as it was my first interview. Some of the questions were similar, there were a few about what you thought good customer service was like. She also asked what I would do in certain situations. She explained every question, and it seemed all she wanted to hear was that I was going to make the customer happy. She also went over the job description and rules, and constantly said 'When you work here', making me feel like I already got the job. I applied online and got called the next day. The day after I got called I went in for an interview and two days later they called and told me to come in on Monday to start training.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

I saw the boss interviewing other people, so I decided to make an application. I gave it in an then left to go home. The next morning the boss called me for an interview and the next day I started training. The boss is a very nice guy and I did not feel stressed or forced to give the right answers during the interview. I felt at ease and as if I was just having a simple conversation. He has people who have been working for 35 years with him, and I would classify him as a person who does a really good job at communicating on the same level as his employees. He was 20 minutes late for his own interview, but when I walked out with my new uniform ready to start work the next day after about only 30 minutes of a stress-free easy interview, I couldn't care less!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2010.

Interview

It was at a job fair, very nice just asked general questions

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Interview

Very Easy going One on One interview you will be sitting inside the store and the interview will take place there it will be relaxing offer you water and or coffee and something to eat ... Very nice and friendly enviroment