Tim Hortons

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Front Cashier Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2010.

Interview Details – handed in an application. one interview in store. lasted20 minutes and filled out paper work there.

Interview Question – all were fair questions. basic behaviorable   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – Quick, easy interview in a really small confined space. Didn't take much convincing to tell them why I should be hired. I definitely aced the interview and I felt very comfortable speaking to the manager. I highly suggest that young people consider Tim Horton's for employment. Older, more skilled people can do better.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – went to store to apply in person also applied online

Interview Question – expected questions because it's an entry level position- know that you have to work hard and work in teams and move quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – interview, then got called back to say i had the job

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Storefront Interview

Storefront

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online and than immediately I was contacted for an in store interview with the owner. I dressed semi-casual and was greeted with a friendly owner. If the owner likes you they will have you come in for a walk though where they have you see what the job will be like. It usually lasts a couple of hours and if you liked it they will put on the scheduled and you are hired.

Interview Question – A good question they asked was describe a time when you did more than you were expected at work.   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with food?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier
Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly laid back, made sure that I was a reliable candidate. I had been referred by a current employee so I basically was hired immediately after the interview. Asked me about myself and my availability.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Fredonia, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – Application was submitted and a one on one interview with the owner. Very basic interview questions in a casual atmosphere and very comfortable.

Interview Question – What will you bring to Tim Hortons we do not already have?   Answer Question

Storefront Interview

Storefront
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online applications are better. Neatness in writing and speaking huge deal. Interview laid back, but must be pleasant and respectful. A place big on politness and courtesy.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult cusomter?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.