Tim Hortons

70 candidate interviews

Storefront Interview

Storefront
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was short and sweet, basically asking what locations I could work and about my work history. I was told to come in for an interview at an office (not a restaurant).

The 1:1 interview was difficult for me at the time because I didn't know that interviewers asked questions about situations you've encountered at your previous workplace. It had been almost a year since I had a job, so I had no memory of anything.

At the end of the interview, the HR manager told me that they hired a lot of people already and they would probably hire me if something didn't work out with them. I'm not sure if that was just a nice way of saying "don't count on getting a phone call", but it was certainly an overall waste of effort, time, and money for transportation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled difficult situation with co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventative measures.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2009.

Interview Details – The Manager phoned me around 2 weeks after I submitted a in-store job application. The interview took approx 30 min in-store and I wore semi-formal attire. Before the interview I researched online about the company's general history, current menu, and current situation. I didn't end up working there because I was gonna move in three month. I had a feeling they want to hire someone long term.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work at Tim Horton?   View Answer
  • What is the most important decision you made in your life so far?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2010.

Interview Details – I arrived early and that made the manager happy. The workers were nice and inviting, too. The interview lasted for about half an hour. The manager asked me the basic questions, as well as some situational questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Gm Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Interview Details – good but not difficult in general

Counter Clerk Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy after the phone call hired within 3 days

Interview Question – How would you state your previous job affected you?   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Baker
Saint-Amable, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2013.

Interview Details – In my case, it was very easy because a new store just opened. I was dressed normally, not having anything special, and I have been honest and always smiling.

Interview Question – Why Tim Hortons ?
Can you handle well stress ?
  Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2008.

Interview Details – Typical questions asked, ie. previous customer service experience, time you went beyond the call of duty

Camp Counselor Interview

Camp Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2010.

Interview Details – Asked situational questions primarily related to how you would handle children in a variety of situations and issues.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a child who is angry and will not listen and has difficulty following instructions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was 10 mins long and was pretty straight forward.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2009.

Interview Details – After filling out a form and attaching a resume i was called by a manager. i went to the interview were they asked standard interview questions about experiences.

Interview Question – Can't remember specifics but all about previous experiences   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.