Tim Hortons

91 candidate interviews

Storefront Interview

Storefront
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was short and sweet, basically asking what locations I could work and about my work history. I was told to come in for an interview at an office (not a restaurant).

The 1:1 interview was difficult for me at the time because I didn't know that interviewers asked questions about situations you've encountered at your previous workplace. It had been almost a year since I had a job, so I had no memory of anything.

At the end of the interview, the HR manager told me that they hired a lot of people already and they would probably hire me if something didn't work out with them. I'm not sure if that was just a nice way of saying "don't count on getting a phone call", but it was certainly an overall waste of effort, time, and money for transportation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled difficult situation with co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventative measures.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2009.

Interview Details – The Manager phoned me around 2 weeks after I submitted a in-store job application. The interview took approx 30 min in-store and I wore semi-formal attire. Before the interview I researched online about the company's general history, current menu, and current situation. I didn't end up working there because I was gonna move in three month. I had a feeling they want to hire someone long term.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work at Tim Horton?   View Answer
  • What is the most important decision you made in your life so far?   View Answer

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2009.

Interview Details – I went in the store with my resume and filed out an application and handed it in
and spoke to the manger directly she asked me avaiablity and i told her everyday because it was summer
3 days later she called me back for an interview and she hired me on the spot

Interview Question – If a customer spilled their coffee what would you do?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2010.

Interview Details – I arrived early and that made the manager happy. The workers were nice and inviting, too. The interview lasted for about half an hour. The manager asked me the basic questions, as well as some situational questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was 10 mins long and was pretty straight forward.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2009.

Interview Details – After filling out a form and attaching a resume i was called by a manager. i went to the interview were they asked standard interview questions about experiences.

Interview Question – Can't remember specifics but all about previous experiences   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2008.

Interview Details – Typical questions asked, ie. previous customer service experience, time you went beyond the call of duty

Camp Counselor Interview

Camp Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2010.

Interview Details – Asked situational questions primarily related to how you would handle children in a variety of situations and issues.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a child who is angry and will not listen and has difficulty following instructions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was fairly easy, I couldn't answer some of the questions but the interviewer helped me through it as it was my first interview. Some of the questions were similar, there were a few about what you thought good customer service was like. She also asked what I would do in certain situations. She explained every question, and it seemed all she wanted to hear was that I was going to make the customer happy. She also went over the job description and rules, and constantly said 'When you work here', making me feel like I already got the job.

I applied online and got called the next day. The day after I got called I went in for an interview and two days later they called and told me to come in on Monday to start training.

GM Interview

GM

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Interview Details – good but not difficult in general

Interview Questions

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!