Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

just be nice and bring your birth certificate and all paper work requested by them when they called u for the interview. and when your interview is done, say thank you for ur consideration ,also be professional.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2015.

Apply online for multiple locations, and the next morning I received a phone call from the manager for a interview on that day. The interview basically asks: why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job, and explains his expectation and workers responsibilities. He said he would let me know in three days, still, I worried that I won't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2015.

I applied online last week to the tim hortons in Detroit and the Tim Hortons in Canton call me this week 03/09/15 for a interview for the following day I accepted the interview date and time which was 2:30pm. Once I got there they did not have any customers inside. It was quiet that made it perfect for me. I was about 30 mins early for the interview. So I sat in the dining area for a few minutes the cashier brought me a application to fill out as I was filling the application out the manager came out I shook her hand and thanked her for taking the time to give me the interview because it is hard trying to find a job. She understood the questions were easy common what would you do questions. She gave me the job immediately she put me on the schedule for four days start told me what to wear. For those planning a interview with tim hortons stay calm at all times. I wore a button up shirt and dress pants with heels. Alway smile. And be humble.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to Tim Hortons ?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • What would you do if a customer was complaining that they have the wrong order?   View Answer
    • What would do if a customer came in upset?   View Answer

Counter Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2011.

The interview was not difficult. Just a get-to-know-you. The manager was pleasant and explained what was involved in the job. Wanted to know when I was available to work...if I was willing to work evenings and weekends.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

I first applied online and received no response then after speaking with the manager I got a call to come in for an interview. I went in for my interview and was taken outside by a supervisor she asked a few questions and then we moved inside and continued the interview. I was very nervous and shy during my interview and I'm surprised I was hired. Four days after my interview I was called in to the store by the manager who brought me back to the office and asked me questions like "Are you comfortable lifting garbage bags that could weigh 40-60lbs?" "What kind of hours are you looking for?" And after answering his question he said that he'd like to offer me a job and I accepted. He then said that I could come by the next day to start doing my video training. I was given an iPad to watch all the videos with (they make you an account on a Tim Hortons website) the videos took 18 hours to finish and then the following week I got my first shifts.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Why do you want to work here? What are your greatest weaknesses/strengths, what would you do if there was an angry customer, explain a Tims you were under pressure how did you handle it? Why should we hire you? Tell me something about yourself? Are you in school?

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

The interviewer was friendly. In the first interview we talked over coffee and traded stories. There were a lot of questions asked through the online application, and I think we reviewed a few of those. I thought I was applying to a full time position, but the online job description didn't make that clear and it turned out the position was for peak hours and part time with the potential to go to full time based on the store's success. The second interview was short, I was pretty sure they had decided to extend the offer at the end of the first interview. Maybe that is the reason for a three question second interview - it also could have possibly a training exercise for an assistant manager since there were two people in attendance and I was interviewed by a different person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly "What would you do if.." questions. What would you do if a customer was upset after spilling his or her drink? How would you handle a customer who comes in and clearly hasn't been having a good day?   Answer Question

In this case, I was looking for work that would either be full time or that would line up reasonably well with the hours I already had covered for child care. Since this position was part time and help was needed on days where I was without care it would cost me more in time and effort to accept the position than it was worth. Minimum wage is not enough when about three quarters of what you make goes to pay for care.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Applied online for one store, was called two days later from a woman at a different location. I got an interview for the beginning of next week. They basically wanted me because of my availability and previous work experience. The position was for night shifts.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2014.

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. I didn't pick up so I called back the next morning and scheduled an interview for the next day. Went to the interview, the manager was super nice and very laid back. No hard questions at all. I got asked a couple behaviour questions, like what would I do if someone spilt coffee on themselves. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot. Went in the next day to do a sign up and then orientation was the day after.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone split coffee on themselves in the restaurant?   View Answer