Tim Hortons

85 candidate interviews

Team Member Interview

Team Member
East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff
Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Question – Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2012.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself, situational questions where you felt most challenged. Overall was pretty easy they are not picky, you'll most likely get the job even if you don't have much experienced. Just tell that you're a hard worker and willing to learn and everything should be fine.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you felt most challenged.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they just give me $12/hr

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Situation Questions with district managers. Lasted about two and a half hours. They came to store while I was working a shift. I was unaware the interview would be happening that day.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Question – What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No detailed negotiation yet.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward nothing to difficult to answer. Mostly based off of experience, as they judge you more on performance and how quick you learn when you get the position

Interview Question – What makes you Successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are available but fairly limitied

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call

Store Front Interview

Store Front
Cochrane, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really isn't overly difficult in the interview process, just make sure that whatever questions are asked to you that are customer related make sure that the customer is always happy in the end. Make sure when they ask you some of your best traits that they focus around people skills/leadership/responsibility.

Interview Question – Not many difficult questions, almost all of them are the same for each person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you're starting pay within reason

Storefront Employee Interview

Storefront Employee
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume in person, and I was called for an interview a couple days later. When I arrived, there were 4 or 5 other people there waiting for interviews as well. It was extremely casual, I didn't feel I answered the questions particularly well, but they offered me the job on the spot.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.