Tim Hortons

Updated Nov 26, 2014

1.9

Storefront Employee Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview questions are quite basic. Simple behavioural and situational questions. Ex. What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing $5? %50? It is quite easy to determine what answers they are looking for.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.

Store-front Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

Applied through ad on online classifieds, contacted same day to schedule an interview.
    On arrival, location was busy but the manager was kind and offered me a drink while politely asking i wait a few minutes so he could get ready.

The actual interview seemed a little unprofessional, could not fully understand what the manager was saying mostly due to the loud amount of noise inside. After some basic questions i was thanked, said i would be called by the district manager for a second interview and he left.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, got a call for job interview at the same day. The interview was appointed the next day p.m. The length of interview didn't last more than 10 minutes. The assistant manager didn't even have a look at my resume. I guess they are really in short of people. No hard questions, very simple and casual talk. The manager was nice to me. First, he explained the hours and wages and asked if I was ok with it. And he asked why I chose to work for Tim's, and if I would be able to work under pressure. Another question is how long can I work in Tim's. I speak frank to him that I don't have experience of customer service, which is, however, valued for my future work plan. I told him I wanted to gain such experience at Timmy's. Then he asked my work flexibility. After I said I lived in walking distance from the restaurant, he seemed to be pleased. At the end of interview, I was told to be reached soon. Later in the evening, he called and offered me the job which would start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Why us? Can you work under pressure? How long will I stay at here?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, start at min wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2012.

Interviewing was fairly straight forward. I submitted a resume to the General Manager, and was given an impromptu interview. I was then contacted by the franchise owner for a 2nd interview. The questions were fairly generic, mostly about customer service, problem solving and past experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, mostly "How would you handle X situation?" and "Give an example of when you display X quality".   Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2012.

Standard phone interview regarding availability and other miscellaneous questions. After that it was a one-on- one interview with an HR representative as I applied at the Airport. One-on-one was pretty easy, they just inquired about my previous volunteer experiences and why I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you scenario type questions. What would you do in certain situations. pretty easy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

It was a face to face interview after I applied through email to the store manager. I got the call the second day and my interview date was selected within a week.

Interview Questions

The store was far way from my home. I got the early morning shift.

Overnight Baking Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The interview was scheduled at 2pm, I arrived early and waited as the owner finished interviewing someone else. It sounded like she got the job. The owner asked my name and told me that she had two other interviews to do before me, I'd arrived early, but not THAT early! The interview was more her telling me about the job and hours than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • That there were no actual questions, other that when I would be available to start.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Min wage

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Very Easy going One on One interview
    you will be sitting inside the store and the interview will take place there
    it will be relaxing offer you water and or coffee and something to eat ...
    Very nice and friendly enviroment